1.    #1  
    I want to be able to store & study my pictures, microsoft powepoint & word lectures to my cell phone, intead of always carrying my laptop (& taking pics isn't a real big deal to me). Also I'd like to download textbooks to the phone as well (if the memory permits) & to sync with my laptop via bluetooth to load on my notes to the cell phone.

These are my major tasks & would like your opinion in choosing between buying a Palm Treo 650 & a RIM Black Berry 8700. Thank you in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by kerihowell View Post
    I want to be able to store & study my pictures, microsoft powepoint & word lectures to my cell phone, intead of always carrying my laptop (& taking pics isn't a real big deal to me). Also I'd like to download textbooks to the phone as well (if the memory permits) & to sync with my laptop via bluetooth to load on my notes to the cell phone.

These are my major tasks & would like your opinion in choosing between buying a Palm Treo 650 & a RIM Black Berry 8700. Thank you in advance.
    ...well wouldn't you be app to choose the Treo 750?

seems more suitable to your requirements.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    ...well wouldn't you be app to choose the Treo 750?

seems more suitable to your requirements.
    The Treo 750 is too expensive ; I am a medical student. I have to spend about US$ 220-250
    The Treo 750 is too expensive ; I am a medical student. I have to spend about US$ 220-250
    Ummm...why are you posing this question on the 680 forum? No biggie, just asking.

And, I would recommend the 680. There are deals out there to get you the 680 in a price range you are specifying...and even less.
    gotcha...

well yes the 680 would be good....

Docs to go for the MS docs
    Pics and Vids for Pictures or 3rd party app (resco viewer)
    Many other software both free and shareware

good luck
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    plus don't forget, the 8700 only has 64 megs of total memory, with no expansion available, and there's no easy support for office type apps. I love the 8700, used the pearl 8100, even tried out the 8800, I keep coming back to the 680 tho.
    Last edited by jpik; 03/26/2007 at 01:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I would recommend the Treo 680 as well. I have used BB8700 and BB8100 in the past. Although BBs are more solid in terms of stability (very rare resets) and battery life, it still lags behind in other aspects...and if you want a laptop replacement PDA, the 680 will be close to what you are looking for. I am a physician, too and felt that the Treo does what I want (lots of software, better MS Office integration, etc) better than the BB.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding