1.    #1  
    I installed ICQ on my VDX, and it worked great. My friends were amazed that I could IM from a PDA.

So I installed AIM to chat with my friends with less savvy that don't understand that AOL is Babylon, the ***** of all the Earth. Again, worked great.

The problem is, now when I go back and launch ICQ, it can't connect. I thought that there might be only only port or something that IM apps used and Signed Off AIM and tried again. No luck. I thought maybe a config file was blocking it, so I deleted all the AIM PDBs and moved the PRC back to the MemPlug. Still no luck.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?
    Soul Raven - "Små hjerne, stor glæde"
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Originally posted by Soul Raven
    I installed ICQ on my VDX, and it worked great. My friends were amazed that I could IM from a PDA.

So I installed AIM to chat with my friends with less savvy that don't understand that AOL is Babylon, the ***** of all the Earth. Again, worked great.

The problem is, now when I go back and launch ICQ, it can't connect. I thought that there might be only only port or something that IM apps used and Signed Off AIM and tried again. No luck. I thought maybe a config file was blocking it, so I deleted all the AIM PDBs and moved the PRC back to the MemPlug. Still no luck.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?
    I don't have AIM, but I find that if you don't tap the ICQ menu 'Quit' function then it won't connect when you next try to go online with it, even if you select to go offline. I think this is because ICQ somehow puts itself in the background if you don't exit using 'Quit' as you can still receive ICQ IMs when in other apps if you leave it online. But that is VERY cool. You get the standard ICQ bleep bleep if you are in another app and you get an IM and can then go back to ICQ and read the message.
    I think this is because ICQ somehow puts itself in the background if you don't exit using 'Quit' as you can still receive ICQ IMs when in other apps if yo leave it online
    Soul Raven,

Isn't this what AIM does also?
    MANY BLESSINGS!
    Peace and Every Good!

Michael W. Cristiani
    mcristia@fuse.net
  4.    #4  
    Well, I got it to work......kinda.

I have more success if I connect to the 'Net, go online with ICQ, then go online with AIM. When I start AIM first, my Visor locks up when connecting with ICQ.

The "quit" option in the menu seems to help. When I "quit", I have better luck connecting the next time I dial in. I guess I am just going to have to get used to "signing off" when I disconnect. When I didn't, AIM would keep my Instant Messaging sessions open, even after I did a soft reset. When I came back online and sent a message in that session, the other person did not get the message, and couldn't even see me online. One bad thing: when I chose "Quit" from the ICQ menu, it disconnected me. That seems a bit odd, since there is a "disconnect" option right above that on the menu. I wasn't ready to disconnect at the time, and it was a bit annoying. Just need to get in the habit of clicking "Sign off" in AIM, then going to ICQ to "Quit" and disconnect.

Yeah, ICQ is great. I have been using it since, oh, 1993 I think, maybe '94, and it's nice to be able to "get my fix" with my Visor. The beep even when you are in another app is nice, and I found out that AIM does not have that functionality. If someone sends you a message while you are not "in" AIM (either another app or the Launcher), it seems to save them up, then display them all when you return to AIM.
    Soul Raven - "Små hjerne, stor glæde"
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    I found out that AIM does not have that functionality. If someone sends you a message while you are not "in" AIM (either another app or the Launcher), it seems to save them up, then display them all when you return to AIM.
    Nice touch. How thoughtful, AIM. Not!
    MANY BLESSINGS!
    Peace and Every Good!

Michael W. Cristiani
    mcristia@fuse.net