Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I am curious to know how the beta version is coming along, and when we can see it hit the streets....What are some pros and cons so far....hows the speed....watchability....so on and so forth..all hte basic stuff....
  2. #2  
    As part of being a beta tester I am sure they can not talk about it... But my guess is public beta should be out in less than 2 weeks. I think its supposed to come out before march is over.
  3. e2chris's Avatar
    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #3  
    I want to know if the 320 res looks better than the 240.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
  4. #4  
    dammit, march ends in 6 days. oh the agony of waiting
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    As part of being a beta tester I am sure they can not talk about it... But my guess is public beta should be out in less than 2 weeks. I think its supposed to come out before march is over.
    damn how i hope ur right....ive been waiting for soooooooo god damn long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    i cant wait to start watching sharks games while at dinner with the gf!!!!
  6. e2chris's Avatar
    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #6  
    I can't belive my Bruins GAVE the Sharks Joe Thorton. Oconell was a *****.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    I can't belive my Bruins GAVE the Sharks Joe Thorton. Oconell was a *****.
    oooOooOo bruins??? im sorry...tough loss today...how could you guys give crosby 2 more goals!!!! thorton is falling behind!
  8. #8  
    personally, I would rather see the 700p firmware update than the Palm Slingplayer public beta, if end of March is something to look forward to.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey View Post
    personally, I would rather see the 700p firmware update than the Palm Slingplayer public beta, if end of March is something to look forward to.
    Screw that... Slingplayer Palm OS> firmware update.... Its not like the firmware update is going to fix anything. I spoke with someone who went from a 700wx to a 750 in hopes of fixing the lag and various issues, he said it was marginally better but the dam thing still crashes and lags.. So I dont have much faith in an update fixing much of anything since it doesnt seem that a model update fixes anything...
  10. #10  
    I too would look forward to the SP software a lot more than a silly firmware update. The SP software will add brand new functionality to your device. The firmware update will speed things up 10% suck the battery down 30% faster.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I too would look forward to the SP software a lot more than a silly firmware update. The SP software will add brand new functionality to your device. The firmware update will speed things up 10% suck the battery down 30% faster.
    assuming that it does not crash the unit. at least with the firmware upgrade, I would feel more comfortable installing such a resource intensive app on my Treo after the firmware update, or pending update.
  12. #12  
    If Kinoma can stream without crashing the unit, I think SPM would be up to the task. Either way, we're getting SPM before the firmware update, so we'll know for sure in a few days.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  13. #13  
    You can find the latest updates to the schedule for the Palm SlingPlayer beta here:

    http://www.slingcommunity.com/blog/7425/

    I believe beta-testers had to sign a non-disclosure agreement. Meaning they can't give you any updates or they could be sued. It seems that Sling Media will meet their date of the end of March for a public Beta, as long as there aren't any unforseen problems.

    -Stew
  14. #14  
  15.    #15  
    yeaaaaaaaaaaaa boi!!!!!!! its finally here!!!!
  16. #16  
    yay its out but.. what the hell? My finder ID is one digit too long for its text field. Nice showstopper bug?
  17. #17  
    yeah, same problem with my Finder ID. Entered in correctly, but errors out. Used my dyndns address and no problem. Try the IP address. works really well. Remote is cumbersome, but for such a small screen, not bad.
  18. #18  
    how are we supposed to move selection in the TIVO menu? (ch+ and ch- only moves by pages)

    --question is: how do i scroll up and down???

    edit: nvm, you use the spacebar to toggle the 5-way
    Last edited by trim81; 03/28/2007 at 05:54 AM.

Posting Permissions