1.    #1  
    I have had the gibberish issue, and the "Searching for Network" issue. I called Cingular for warranty and they have been instructed by Palm to do no further warranty replacements for phones with these problems. "Palm is aware of the problem and is working on a fix" is the only answer I got. Meanwhile it seems a hard reset and reinstall is the only short term solution. Who knows when Palm will release a fix!
    Actually, although I certainly feel your pain (had same issues with my previous Graphite 680 myself...)...there are some pretty universal "fixes" already, and you can read about them here...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=131154

My "fix" was part having my phone re-registered to the Cingular network by a Tech. Services rep (called on a landline so he could mess with my Treo), and part by using an older non-"fireball" 64K SIM card that I got from my local Cingular store. Since those two things were done, I had no repeats of the gibberish gremlins. That was on my old Graphite 680 before the exchange...

However, I am simply using the 64K SIM in my new Cingular Crimson 680 with no re-registering, and am having no problems whatsoever. Have Palm/Cingular done a software update "fix" on these latest editions of the phone? I dunno...I just know mine is trouble free so far, and I'm a happy camper!!!
    I'm not sure what a warantee replacement would gain you for this issue if it's a software bug. The replacement would just have the same problem wouldn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybob View Post
    I have had the gibberish issue, and the "Searching for Network" issue. I called Cingular for warranty and they have been instructed by Palm to do no further warranty replacements for phones with these problems. "Palm is aware of the problem and is working on a fix" is the only answer I got. Meanwhile it seems a hard reset and reinstall is the only short term solution. Who knows when Palm will release a fix!
    make the switch to one of the following "good" SIM cards....prob solved

Bad 3G SIMs:
    73000 O 4021
    64205 O 4020

Good 3G SIMs:
    73000 G 3021
    64205 G 3020

Good 2G SIMs:
    63698 G 4004

Bad 2G SIMs:
    none, rumor has it all 2G SIMs work...

So, G = Good?