Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    So? How do you like it? It's been two weeks...
    People without problems don't post!
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    People without problems don't post!
    LOL! Truth.
  3. heckj's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
       #23  
    absolutely love it. I've had none of the problems posted on this board. I can't complain about the battery life because it is actually slightly better than my dash. I put my treo on the charger each night anyway, like I have done with any other phone I've ever had. I've got tons of apps installed like opera mini, uninstall manager, stock broker, resco explorer, express (free version) nvb backup, chatteremail (this app is freakin great), gmail, google maps, directory assistant. It's been great that some of the apps that I owned for my treo 600, I was able to upgrade either free or for a small charge to the newer versions, all the software people I contacted, were extremely helpful in getting me the newer versions. Everything runs smoothly on tmobile. The only complaint that I have is the fact that if I ever soft reset I have to go back into the network and choose my tmobile network. It always defaults back to the total internet plan which I do not use. I use the blackberry plan which uses a different server. Hopefully they come up with a fix for this. I forgot how great the palm os is (functional, smooth and easy to use) I always thought that I needed multi-tasking but in reality, all I got was trouble with my moto q, tmobile dash and xv700 always slowing down when two many apps were open. In reality, I really have no need to multi-task on a phone so I don't miss it at all. I'm really excited for the the linux version to come out hopefully by the end of this year. Will it be a mistake to buy new apps for my treo680, will the linus os be backwards compatible?
  4. #24  
    Glad you're happy with it...
  5. #25  
    Those of you with a Treo 680 on T-Mobile: Do you have picture messaging (MMS) working? Can you send? Can you receive?

    I can't receive at all, and sending to out-of-network takes about 6 hours.

    T-Mobile says the Treo 680 is incompatible with MMS messaging. My RazrV3 worked fine with MMS messaging -- my account is all set up for it and I'm using the same SIM card in the Treo 680.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviceNode View Post
    Those of you with a Treo 680 on T-Mobile: Do you have picture messaging (MMS) working? Can you send? Can you receive?

    I can't receive at all, and sending to out-of-network takes about 6 hours.

    T-Mobile says the Treo 680 is incompatible with MMS messaging. My RazrV3 worked fine with MMS messaging -- my account is all set up for it and I'm using the same SIM card in the Treo 680.

    I answered this in the GSM-North America thread also: I also have T-Zones and I have no problem sending and receiving MMS messages and it doesn't matter whether the sender or recipient is a T-Mobile customer. By the way, I just sent an MMS with a picture file from my 680 to my AOL email address and it took about 30 seconds.
  7. #27  
    Well, I have a 680 on T-Mo, and I can definitely SEND MMS messages, but when I receive one, it is the size of a thumbnail! If I want to keep it, I have to save it, hot-synch with my desktop, re-size the picture, and then hot-synch again, which is a pain in the a__. Whoever is on T-Mo and getting full-sized MMS pictures - I'd sure like to know how you're doing it! T-Mobile told me that it was a known problem, and that they are working on it.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    People without problems don't post!
    Actually that doesn't seem to be true. In this thread, for example, out of about two dozen posts, only two or three are people with problems. It looks like people without problems do post. And that's important to remember because the argument that people without problems don't post is always used to minimize complaints.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I answered this in the GSM-North America thread also: I also have T-Zones and I have no problem sending and receiving MMS messages and it doesn't matter whether the sender or recipient is a T-Mobile customer. By the way, I just sent an MMS with a picture file from my 680 to my AOL email address and it took about 30 seconds.
    Sending MMS to Email uses the Email gateway and is a completely different mechanism than phone-to-phone. I assume from your first sentence that you have done this phone-to-phone, on and off network (T-mobile) with similarly good results?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviceNode View Post
    Sending MMS to Email uses the Email gateway and is a completely different mechanism than phone-to-phone. I assume from your first sentence that you have done this phone-to-phone, on and off network (T-mobile) with similarly good results?
    Correct, no problems sending and receiving phone-to-phone, on or off network.
  11. #31  
    Treo 680 unlocked/unbranded from Palm.

    No issues at all, maybe 2 freezes in 6 months of ownership. All due to bad apps. My 650 had gotten way unstable, and every time I thought I had it sorted the problems returned. Nothing at all like that with my 680.

    MMS sending and receiving without problems. Sometimes the incoming MMS pic will be small but it seems like it's dependent on who sent it. Everything I get from someone with a RAZR phone is screwed up.
  12. dpc
    dpc is offline
    dpc's Avatar
    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviceNode View Post
    Those of you with a Treo 680 on T-Mobile: Do you have picture messaging (MMS) working? Can you send? Can you receive?

    I can't receive at all, and sending to out-of-network takes about 6 hours.

    T-Mobile says the Treo 680 is incompatible with MMS messaging. My RazrV3 worked fine with MMS messaging -- my account is all set up for it and I'm using the same SIM card in the Treo 680.
    I have a 680 with tmob and the thing with MMS is that I always get the message 2-3 days after it was sent! It's just the oddest thing.
  13. #33  
    Can anybody tell me where I can buy a TREO 680 Crimson unlocked, I have searched everywhere with no luck.
  14. #34  
    ebay
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions