1.    #1  
    I just got a new 680 from Cingular. I was excited as I thought this would solve some memory problems and limitations that the 600, and 650 had. I have been using the 650 & and HTC TyTN with Bluetooth in My Nissan Altima; both worked well, the HTC In particular was good, but I missed the Palm operating system which I have used literally since the very first Palm Pilot.

Well to the punchline; this unit has awful audio quality with the handsfree kit in the Nissan Altima. Is this unique to me or have others experienced trouble with the audio quality via Bluetooth on the 680?

What I don't understand is that if the 650 went through some initial problems with Bluetooth which got incorporated in an update to the OS, wouldn't Palm seemingly have learned from them and incorporated them in the new 680? Apparently this was an unsafe assumption.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i would say the bluetooth audio quality (for the people i'm speaking to - they sound good to me) in my car (a BMW) is not as good as i'd experienced with previous phones (blackberry 8700c, motorola slvr). my husband has really been the only one to notice and say something since he has heard me through previous phones in this car.

what problems are you experiencing? is it overall volume, crackling, clarity, anything in particular?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by r6girl View Post
    i would say the bluetooth audio quality (for the people i'm speaking to - they sound good to me) in my car (a BMW) is not as good as i'd experienced with previous phones (blackberry 8700c, motorola slvr). my husband has really been the only one to notice and say something since he has heard me through previous phones in this car.

what problems are you experiencing? is it overall volume, crackling, clarity, anything in particular?
    The sound quality is so bad that you can't understand what either party on the call is saying; it's that bad. It may be that this one is defective and that is why I am curious if there is anyone that also has had a 650 and then got a 680 if they noticed a big decrease in quality of sound. In my case the 650 was good and very usable, as is the HTC TyTN. The 680 is so bad I think I'm going to take it by the Cingular Store and have one of the sales guys hear it to and see if they have another one I can test to see if it works better.
  4.    #4  
    I went to the Cingular store and tried another 680. It's the 680 itself that's the problem. I can't believe they released this phone with this version of Bluetooth.

Palm must be losing a lot of it's loyal customers if this is representative of quality control today.