Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I got my new car today and I thought I would clear up some major misinterpretations concerning pairing the 700P and a BMW.

Paired like a dream. Has worked flawlessly since minute one. So to all of you doubters out there, don't worry about the BT. It works great!!!

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    I got my new car today and I thought I would clear up some major misinterpretations concerning pairing the 700P and a BMW.

Paired like a dream. Has worked flawlessly since minute one. So to all of you doubters out there, don't worry about the BT. It works great!!!

SMEGGIE
    If u don't mind my asking, which model did you get. I am looking at either the 535 Sedan or 335 Coupe. Good to know that BT works well.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I got a 2007 335i and it has exceeded all of my expectations!!! What a wonderful gadget!!

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

SMEGGIE,

I also have a 2007 335i (sedan), and have 2 questions for you.

Do you have the full IDrive/Nav?

Do you have a bluetooth headset?

Do you also pair with the headset at times?

Because what I've found is that it will "pair like a dream" after a soft reset
    IF I have NOT paired w/ my Jabra JX10 or my desktop for hotsync.

Anytime I pair with one BT device, if I want to pair w/ another - I need to
    perform a quick soft reset - then all is "fine".

Of course, the need to perform such resets I do not consider "fine"

Jim Conforti
    Nice car I just got the 328i sedan.. I wanted to get the coupe but they didnt have any and my trade in car was out of warranty and starting to have transmission problems again...
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lndshrk View Post
    SMEGGIE,

I also have a 2007 335i (sedan), and have 2 questions for you.

Do you have the full IDrive/Nav?

Do you have a bluetooth headset?

Do you also pair with the headset at times?

Because what I've found is that it will "pair like a dream" after a soft reset
    IF I have NOT paired w/ my Jabra JX10 or my desktop for hotsync.

Anytime I pair with one BT device, if I want to pair w/ another - I need to
    perform a quick soft reset - then all is "fine".

Of course, the need to perform such resets I do not consider "fine"

Jim Conforti
    Hi Jim!!

Congratulations on your fine choice and taste!!! (How fast have you gone thus far?? ) I have the 4 door "family sedan" as well. At least, that's how I sold it to the wife!!

I DO have the full iDrive/Navigation System but I do not EVER use a BT headset. I was an early adopter of BT headsets but they never really worked as advertised and the battery drain was deplorable...so I abandoned BT headsets forever. The car and the Treo pair immediately upon firing her up and I have yet to have any issues whatsoever. (With the one exception of not having enough lighter sockets but I am fixing that right now)

If I were you...at least in the short term until a posssible fix may come about, stop using your headset because the issues seem to revolve around multiple pairings and the inability to support more than one paired device at a time.

Good luck and drive safely.

SMEGGIE
    Last edited by SMEGGIE; 03/25/2007 at 01:52 PM.
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Hi Jim!!

Congratulations on your fine choice and taste!!! (How fast have you gone thus far?? )
    SMEGGIE,

On the advice of counsel.....

Jim
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Here it is...you know, the funny thing is this...

My 700P has never worked better than it does with 'The Car'.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...gie/355i-1.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...gie/335i-3.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...gie/335i-2.jpg

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Dammit. I spoke too soon...

My 700P wasn't immediately recognized for the first time today. I performed a reset and then it paired and this may also have been my fault because I didn't allow the car to start up fully before starting it.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

How is the caller id working? The iDrive in my M5 shows a different caller than who is actually calling me. I think this is a 700p problem and not a BMW problem. Caller id worked fine when I had a 650. Same problem with caller id when I am in a loaner car- 325, 335 or 525 with the 700p.

I am hoping the rumored ROM update will fix this.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjp71 View Post
    How is the caller id working? The iDrive in my M5 shows a different caller than who is actually calling me. I think this is a 700p problem and not a BMW problem. Caller id worked fine when I had a 650. Same problem with caller id when I am in a loaner car- 325, 335 or 525 with the 700p.

This is the problem my 525
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Hard to say because the only people who have called me have been in my phone book...and it showed them as the correct callers on my screen. I have no idea what it would do if it didn't know who the caller was. I assume it would replicate what the 700P does in showing that it is a Private Caller.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

nice house. jeez, coulda got a 535, rich guy.
    Hard to say because the only people who have called me have been in my phone book...and it showed them as the correct callers on my screen. I have no idea what it would do if it didn't know who the caller was. I assume it would replicate what the 700P does in showing that it is a Private Caller.

SMEGGIE
    It doesn't matter if the people are in my phone book, favorites or not still gives random info.

I would check to make sure your BMW has the latest bluetooth update. They wont do it for you automatically at the dealer, you have to ask them about it and have your service advisor look it up. This is one of thing things I hate about BMW, they come out with updates all the time but the dealers never install them unless you find out from either reading it online or by word of mouth..

I used to have a website that would show recent BMW service bulletins, and I would print them out and give them to my SA who just laughed and said I have no clue how you are getting this... Heck once I got lucky and found an update that got me a free tank of gas.
    I have the same isse with my 330i and my Treo 700wx. I work for BMW of North America and have tried pairing it in many different cars with the same problem. They always pair, but the connection is not stable at all. I had no isses with my Treo 650. That paired and was always stable.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Even though it's a hassle, if necessary, before a long trip where I'll want to be connected telephonically, I'll just perform a reset before I leave. That should keep me paired the entrire trip. We'll get a chance to see if this works tomorrow...

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts

SMEGGIE
    Smeggie -

Have you noticed that on all incoming calls the BMW display will show the previous call, not the incoming call? I have a 2006 530xi and I've owned the 700p since March. I did not have this problem with my 650, LOL.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    LOL, I didn't read down and see the 3 other posts with the same exact problem as me. Particularly as SirWise23 works for BMW, I am 100% certain that this is a 700p POS bluetooth problem. I was only 99% certain before SireWise's post.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo View Post
    Smeggie -

Have you noticed that on all incoming calls the BMW display will show the previous call, not the incoming call? I have a 2006 530xi and I've owned the 700p since March. I did not have this problem with my 650, LOL.
    No, this is not the case with me. Incoming calls are displayed correctly.

Now mind you...I have only had the car for a few days so my experience is limited.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast