1.    #1  
    Recently, my 700p has completely stopped getting sms messages until after a soft reset. While I know that others have experienced this problem occassionally, has anyone experienced where it happens for EVERY SINGLE SMS? Can anyone think what might be causing it? I recently installed Ringo Pro but I have since uninstalled it - and the problem remains. I hate doing hard resets, but that is what I plan to do next unless anyone has better advice.
    Go to your service providers website and send a few texts to your phone... Wait 30 mins, then make a phone call. If you get all your texts while you are a few seconds into the call then you have a similar problem that I did. Even with a rest and turning the phone on and off I wouldnt get texts until I made a call.. Also I could not receive calls or voicemails and would only know if I got a voicemail when I called someone.. This all happened overnight on a 2 day old treo(No programs installed) that was working perfect the day before. Ended up spending hours on the phone with tech support before they ended up just declaring it a defective phone and sent me a new one... So far I have ringo on my new phone with a bunch of other apps and it works flawless.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Do you happen to have Softick Audio Gateway 1.09 or higher installed? That causes an SMS issue with my Sprint 700p. I had to downgrade to a 1.08 version until the problem gets fixed.
    I have SAG installed but how does this affect receiving texts? Does it also cause the treo screen to freeze randomly with a soft reset being the only fix?
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the advice. Apparently, my phone has even more issues. Half the time when people call me, the phone does not ring and I don't get voicemail notifications until after a soft reset. I did have SAG installed, but I uninstalled it and the problem still persists. Going to do the hard reset now.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    For me, SAG 1.09 or higher would slowly cause my SMS's to get delayed. After a couple of hours, only a soft reset would release the messages that had gotten stacked up. As I said before, I'm on Sprint with my 700p.

I only needed to delete SAG and soft reset to get things back to normal though, so if that didn't work for you, you've probably got other issues.
  7.    #7  
    Hard reset cured the problem. I have no idea what caused it.