1.    #1  
    I recently read an article that there is a growing trend in job faires out in silicon valley for people to beam their resumes to prospective employers.

I happen to think that this is a wonderful idea. Although this practice really hasn't caught on in the area of the country I'm currently living in, I really don't see why it shouldn't in the near future.

Besides, with Wordsmith, if you already have your resume in a microsoft Word format, it would be simplicity itself to convert it and store it on your Visor.

Besides, this gives me incentive to update my resume.

Any ideas or insights?
    There has never been a winner who hasn't fallen, there's never been a loser that got back up.

Dave
  2. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Seems a bit more 'gee whiz' than practical, since you can just e-mail your Word document to more people faster than you can run around and beam them. =) If you want to do this, I recommend keeping a plain text version as well as a WordSmith version, since not everyone has WS (although they should...)
    Or you can create a "business card" in the address book with all you contact information and attach a note to it containing your resume.

Now just hold down the address book button, and beam everything over at once.

Note that the attached note has a limit of 4K (but you resume should be smaller than that anyway).
  4. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by sheaf
    Or you can create a "business card" in the address book with all you contact information and attach a note to it containing your resume.

Now just hold down the address book button, and beam everything over at once.

Note that the attached note has a limit of 4K (but you resume should be smaller than that anyway).
    That's an interesting idea, although I'm not sure that everyone who wants your business card also wants your resume (some may actually think it's pretty presumptuous of you...)
    Originally posted by Rob
    Seems a bit more 'gee whiz' than practical, since you can just e-mail your Word document to more people faster than you can run around and beam them. =) If you want to do this, I recommend keeping a plain text version as well as a WordSmith version, since not everyone has WS (although they should...)
    Well, I have DocumentsToGo instead, but this is exactly how I have my resume stored in my Visor [one copy in doc format and one in text (well, actually two in each since I have one with salary info and one without in each)]. I consider it more of a "just-in-case" thing, though since I've never actually had an instance where I'd have wanted to beam it to anyone.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Rob

That's an interesting idea, although I'm not sure that everyone who wants your business card also wants your resume (some may actually think it's pretty presumptuous of you...)
    Ok, that's fair. I just got another way...

Install XMaster (free and better hackmaster)
    Install EasyLaunch (free and great stroke/key remapper)
    Create a resume in MemoPad
    Config EasyLaunch to "beam data" on whatever key/stroke you want.

I have mine configured to beam data on a "long hold" of the MemoPad button. Works in MemoPad and AddressBook so far and does not interfere with normal MemoPadButton use. It would not work in DateBook+ or iSilo.