1.    #1  
    I was sitting in the office this morning with the 680 quietly charging in the cradle when it woke up and reset itself. About thirty minutes, it did it again.

No clue as to why. What's the code to see what caused the last reset?
  2.    #2  
    Found it.... #*377

It reads the reset was caused while running <unknown application>, fatal exception. Now I just have to figure out what the unknown application is.
    My phone did a similar "mysterious reset" yesterday. It was sitting on the desk next to my PC and when it "beeped" I looked over at it, and saw the Palm logo and the loading bar. Strange...
  4.    #4  
    I wonder if the devices are getting nervous because of the Nokia speculation.
    Are you both on Cingular? It's possible the network was doing something and effected the signal of your phones...
  6.    #6  
    On Cingular here...
    davistld01 is on Cingular too. I'm on Cingular, but I don't sit and stare at my phone all day, so I have no idea if it reset or not.
  8.    #8  
    Well.... I don't sit and stare at it all day either.
    But it's kinda hard to ignore the thing come one and reset itself when it's sitting on your desk.
    Kinda stands out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    davistld01 is on Cingular too. I'm on Cingular, but I don't sit and stare at my phone all day, so I have no idea if it reset or not.
    Me neither (just happened to look down at it at the right time, I guess...), so it's possible that it has done it many times and I never knew it. No big deal really...although I know some folks would freak out over something like this. If it doesn't negatively effect my phone's performance...then it can reset itself all day long, and I wouldn't care.
    Hey...

I don't have anything fancy like a GSM Treo. I just use Sprint 650 and 700p.

But, I have seen this type of unknown app, Fatal Exception reset on me Treos. In my case it has happened from letting DB Cache run to low.

I now maintain enough devise memory to support the DB Cache max size, for example, the 650 DB Cache max is near 12 megs and the 700p max is near 18 megs.

I haven't seen a fatal exception reset for quite a while now. Just a suggestion...

Mine did the same thing today at 5:17pm CDT. It is an unlocked 680 bought from Palm, using the Cingular network.

When it automatically reset, it did not turn the cellular radio back on, which is why I noticed it. I went to use the phone, and the radio was off.

Checking the palm error log, it states that a reset was caused by "<unknown application>"

It also says:

HandlerState.cpp, Line:1378, Unable to reset the radio (PWRON)

Does anyone have any idea exactly what this means?
    I think it's the network, with Cingular towers switching to AT&T, you never know what could be going on out there...
    I think it's the network, with Cingular towers switching to AT&T, you never know what could be going on out there...

http://www.blogd.com/images/xflogo.jpg

Click the X...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan View Post

Very cool. It's been a while...
    Quote Originally Posted by martianman View Post
    Mine did the same thing today at 5:17pm CDT. It is an unlocked 680 bought from Palm, using the Cingular network.

When it automatically reset, it did not turn the cellular radio back on, which is why I noticed it. I went to use the phone, and the radio was off.

Checking the palm error log, it states that a reset was caused by "<unknown application>"

It also says:

HandlerState.cpp, Line:1378, Unable to reset the radio (PWRON)

Does anyone have any idea exactly what this means?
    I'm getting exactly this problem. The worst thing is that it resets randomly, and the radio does not come back on, causing me to miss phone calls and messages.

Anyone have any more information about this?
    You can 377 also, and find out.