1.    #1  
    Hey there,

I just set up a new server w/ GoodLink but when I try to activate my handheld I get the error "This handeheld (ESN:36182E97) has already been set up for another use.

Contact your IT administrator.

I dont have a valid GoodLink support account and I cant find any info on the internet

Any ideas?

I made sure to remove him from the old server before I got rid of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by defrag View Post
    I made sure to remove him from the old server before I got rid of it.
    Does this mean you're trying to setup a second server or did the first one die and you're trying to rebuild it?

To make sure a person's info is truly gone you can try the following;

1) Delete the user from the GL Console
    2) Stop the GL Management Server service and the GL Server service on your server.
    3) Navigate to the appropriate \Program Files\Good Technologies\Goodlink Server\Cache\Server Name\ directory.

The cache directories are based on the user's e-mail alias. If your alias was trodecke for example, your cache directory would be in the T\R directory. Find the directory for that user and delete it.

4) Restart the services mentioned before

You should be able to create the user again without getting that error.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    Does this mean you're trying to setup a second server or did the first one die and you're trying to rebuild it?

To make sure a person's info is truly gone you can try the following;

1) Delete the user from the GL Console
    2) Stop the GL Management Server service and the GL Server service on your server.
    3) Navigate to the appropriate \Program Files\Good Technologies\Goodlink Server\Cache\Server Name\ directory.

The cache directories are based on the user's e-mail alias. If your alias was trodecke for example, your cache directory would be in the T\R directory. Find the directory for that user and delete it.

4) Restart the services mentioned before

You should be able to create the user again without getting that error.
    I ended up purchasing a one-time incident for $49 bucks; They found my account was locked up on their side; Reset it and everything worked.

Kind of bs that I have to pay $50 for them to fix a problem that i have no way of fixing myself
    defrag...who did you pay $49 to? We don't offer per incident support, though I understand that might be an option in the future.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    defrag...who did you pay $49 to? We don't offer per incident support, though I understand that might be an option in the future.
    http://www.webconverse.com/goodsbs/
    Ok, that is what I thought. You are running SBS. Good does not support SBS directly. You are running the SBS version, I am assuming, and not the enterprise version?