1.    #1  
    Just downloaded from PalmGear a new program called "Sublauncher." It is supposed to allow you to leave a program (for example, the browser) without closing it and then return. Unfortunately it seems to only crash my 700P. It works with a program called Accessorizer which may be the culprit. anyone else know anything about these programs? Seems like a neat idea.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    here's a couple of threads on it, or accessorizer

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1206001

http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php?p=1502552

I just tried it out, using Blazer as the test app, and it always resets my treo when I try to return to Blazer. Ive trashed it already.

Anyway, thanks for this anyway, while searching I got introduced to DA launchers for the first time, lots of more reading and testing to do now!!

If anyone else wants to download it at palmgear, search under sub-launcher, not sublauncher.

cheers

geoff

geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Just downloaded from PalmGear a new program called "Sublauncher." It is supposed to allow you to leave a program (for example, the browser) without closing it and then return. Unfortunately it seems to only crash my 700P. It works with a program called Accessorizer which may be the culprit. anyone else know anything about these programs? Seems like a neat idea.
    After exploring the world of DA's for a bit, I found that Accessorizer itself works great (and the DA's that it generates seem very stable); a lot of people seem to have problems with sub-launcher at this point, but Accessorizer in combination with a DA launcher (Im using freeware: PetitLaunch) gives you basically the same functionality - it just needs a little bit more initial effort on your part to convert to DAs whichever of your apps you want access to from within other programs.

It's amazing really - while in the Browser, you can jump out to your Contacts list, Calculator etc etc, and then jump right back to the web page you were on.

Maybe you were already up to speed with this side of things, and just wanted the extra ease of use promised by sub-launcher; but if youre just looking for some way to approach multi-tasking, this is as close as Ive seen

Best thread for discussion of Sub-launcher and Accessorizer:

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthrea...t=accessorizer

cheers
    Last edited by TRgEOff; 03/24/2007 at 05:18 AM.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Sublauncher was not that stable either on my 700p but I figured out that the app "accessorizer" can be used without Sublauncher as long as you have a DA Launcher.

I have Launch-Anywhere by zztechs and it works perfectly as a DA launcher. So, all I do is

1) Using Accessorizer, I "generate" or convert any app on my 700p to a DA.
    e.g. Web turns into WebDA, OperaMini turns into OperaMiniDA, Calendar to CalendarDA etc.

2) I go into Launch-anywhere and I create a submenu to launch the newly created DA's

3)When in any app I launch one of the DAs with Launch-anywhere and it will launch right on top of the previous app without exiting the current state of that app.

It is the closest I have ever come to suedo-multitasking in the Palm OS. Its pretty amazing! I like jumping from Blazer to Operamini the most, where as before Accessorizer, I would lose the web page in Opera Mini when switching back and forth.
    Last edited by migs; 03/24/2007 at 02:35 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Great. Two questions:

1. How do you "I go into Launch-anywhere and I create a submenu to launch the newly created DA's"

I can create a submenu but I cannot customize it to launch DAs

2. How do you get the latest version of accessorizer?

I can get 27 from the sublauncher site but there seems to be a 32 somewhere and I cannot seem to get it.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Great. Two questions:

1. How do you "I go into Launch-anywhere and I create a submenu to launch the newly created DA's"

I can create a submenu but I cannot customize it to launch DAs

2. How do you get the latest version of accessorizer?

I can get 27 from the sublauncher site but there seems to be a 32 somewhere and I cannot seem to get it.
    1. cant help u there, im using PetitLauncher

2. Beta #34 is here:

http://www.1src.com/freeware/fileinfo.php?id=1674

u need to register on the Forum to DL.

----but I using 0.01 without any hassles.

Some people have reported that the earlier versions are more stable, at least in combo with sublauncher (which is why its bundled with #27), but Im not using that anyway.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.