1.    #1  
    Hello,

I recently acquired a Treo 700 running Latest goodlink 4.9.3 . I managed to run the fetch command via debug to populate my subfolders with existing email, I added the sub folders to the folder list under options/preferences.

however, when i receive an email and my outlook rules auto move that email to a subfolder, i never receive that email on the handset. It doesn't show in the inbox, or in its subfolder, just acts as if it never happened.

Any tips on solving this besides removing all outlook rules (not an option for me)
    By default, Goodlink will only synchronize the inbox and sent items.

Using the fetch command, you downloaded emails to populate the rest of the folders, however no no emails are being received into those subfolders.

in goodlink, go to the good launcher, then preferences, then email delivery.
    add the subfolders that you wish to receive emails from.

The nice thing about this, is when you have to do a master reset or start from scratch, these settings stick around.

Hope this helps.
    Even though you've added the other folders I believe GMM will only sync the Inbox and folders underneath it. While the Sent Items are there it only includes e-mails you've sent from your phone.

I too use Outlook rules to organize my e-mail and the folders I wish to see on my phone are setup underneath my Inbox. Hope this helps.
    As long as folders are on Exchange, in other words, under the inbox, and you have added them on your handheld via Preferences -> email delivery, messages that are moved to the folders via Outlook will sync to the folder on the device and vice versa. As for rules that move messages, they have to be server side, not client side, rules. So, if you are moving the messages to .pst files, won't work. Here is an example of a rule I have:

"Apply this rule after message arrives
    with Lead: in the subject
    move it to the aLeads folder"

This rule moves those messages and I have the aLeads folder selected on my device, so they move there on the device as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    Even though you've added the other folders I believe GMM will only sync the Inbox and folders underneath it. While the Sent Items are there it only includes e-mails you've sent from your phone.

I too use Outlook rules to organize my e-mail and the folders I wish to see on my phone are setup underneath my Inbox. Hope this helps.
    I think fully syncing Sent Items is possible through the Good Management Console on the server. We dont do it as it just takes up extra space.
    RIM 957 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750 / GMM
    Syncing sent items does not take up any additional space. When they are synced, only a 'pointer' is synced. When a user accesses the sent message on the device, GMM goes and gets the message from the users Sent folder on Exchange. I have 1000's of sent and deleted emails on my devices and have never had a storage issue. If storage becomes an issue, GMM automatically removes the oldest messages from the device.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Syncing sent items does not take up any additional space. When they are synced, only a 'pointer' is synced. When a user accesses the sent message on the device, GMM goes and gets the message from the users Sent folder on Exchange. I have 1000's of sent and deleted emails on my devices and have never had a storage issue. If storage becomes an issue, GMM automatically removes the oldest messages from the device.
    can you please explain what i need to do to get my sent and deleted messages on my treo. (700p with v4.9.3.21_EN)

i tried to fetch them but nothin. I try to add the sent folder to the email delivery list and get nothing (I dont see a place to even add the deleted items folder to the delivery list?)
    You have to make sure that your admin has enabled syncing of sent messages. Deleted items is default unless your admin has them being stored locally on your pc. If they are stored on Exchange, they should sync over with fetch.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    You have to make sure that your admin has enabled syncing of sent messages. Deleted items is default unless your admin has them being stored locally on your pc. If they are stored on Exchange, they should sync over with fetch.
    thanks- I'm on hosted provider- can they enable it on a per domain basis? (I could see them saying no if they have to switch everyone on- but if they just have to enable my company then I dont see why they wouldn't)
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Seems the setting is per user so they enabled me- I now sync my sent and deleted boxes.

BUT i cant seem to Fetch.

can you spot me some hand holding and tell me the exact syntax to fetch the deleted and sent folders?

I tried
    fetch 1000 sent
    fetch 1000 sent items
    fetch 1000 sent:
    fetch 1000 sent items:
    fetch 1000 sent:*
    fetch 1000 sent items:*
    fetch 1000 root:*
    Fetch 1000 *:

is it possible they enable just sync and not fetch?

debug's message seems to imply there is a sync command also- what would that do?
    fetch 1000 inbox:*
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    and that should fetch from the sent and deleted folders?

When I do that it just does the inbox and it's subfolders. I can watch the debug screen and it rattles off each folder below the inbox and says nothing about deleted or sent.

Is it just that you can't fetch those 2 (deleted and sent)?

(they seem to be syncing everything nicely since they enabled the setting so going forward so it's not a major trauma but i just feel better with complete access to everything this instant- that's why I have a treo after all-LOL)
    efudd is right. Allowing syncing of Sent Items in the console will sync from that point forward, however, you cannot "fetch" Sent Items. (Could have sworn this worked in an earlier version)

Tested on (Sprint) 700p w/GMM 4.9.3.21_EN
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    To synchronize the Sent folder with old messages (before GMM Console enabled sync of the Sent folder), go to debug and then do a reprovision. This will re-sync all folders thus pulling in your old Sent messages.
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Thanks for the idea

that "sort of" works.

gets me the first 100 sent messages (so better than nothing) but nuked the deleted bin

I guess that's the best you can do with 700p 4.9.3.21