1.    #1  
    What speed do you have using PDA Net with the ev-do box checked, on a 700p?
    Thanks
    Matty
  2.    #2  
    sorry, that's general speed, I know it will change depending on how busy the network is, among other factors.
    Matty
    i only get like 120/kb speed
  4.    #4  
    you must be in a 1xrtt area, and not in an ev-do area. I was asking about the high speed areas.
    Thanks
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    you must be in a 1xrtt area, and not in an ev-do area. I was asking about the high speed areas.
    Thanks
    Nope..I'm in Chicago with full EV-DO access...in fact..i don't think i've ever seen green arrows indicating non-evDO...only blue

i dont know what the problem is...when i use the dsl speed test..i only get around ~150k as well....people have reported speeds of up to 500kb/s...

my guess is that there too much of a demand in Chicago due to its population and too many users trying to access EV-DO service slowing everyone down..perhaps like a cable modem? the more people in ure neighborhood who have it...the slower the connection
    Are you using DUN or Proxy mode? How are you determining your speed?
    I am using DUN mode. I am determining speed by accessing http://text.dsl.dslreports.com/mspeed and using the 1mb test as that is the most accurate long-term
    With PDAnet and USB cable, I use the CNET bandwidth meter and get 400 - 500 kbps consistently here in bay area.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I'm in the SF Bay Area. I get 800K-1.5Mb when using USB and around 400K when using Bluetooth.
  10.    #10  
    I finally installed it. I get 2.4mbps. but when I go to desktop settings, and select ev-do speed, my 700p will not talk to the desktop software. that is using the dial up, or proxy settings. what gives with that?
    Matty
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I finally installed it. I get 2.4mbps. but when I go to desktop settings, and select ev-do speed, my 700p will not talk to the desktop software. that is using the dial up, or proxy settings. what gives with that?
    And that's using the usb cable, not bluetooth....
    Matty
  12.    #12  
    yeah that's with usb ?????
    Matty
    Here's my results (EVDO area). I tested proxy and DUN performance using 2wire.com and dslreports mobile test. I was surprised with the varying ranges of the tests. Also, I figured DUN would be faster than proxy but that wasn't the case.

Proxy Hi Low Range = 276kbps - 750kbps, Average = 550kbps - 650kbps
    DUN Hi Low Range = 142kbps - 500kbps, Average = 250kbps - 400kbps

*Note*
    Amazingly there wasn't much difference between the 2wire and dslreports results. This is why I didn't split the results out by test site.
    Speakeasy.net tests run at 4am on the Sprint EvDO network, full signal,
    with 700p PDANet attached by USB Cable:

750kbps Down/125kbps Up

Looks like Sprint has their local backbone in my area set to max out at 768kbps/128kbps per EvDO connection, kinda like the cheap DSL/Cable Modem plans.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I just set this up for a friend... with EVDO checked, we were getting 530kbps down and 105kbps up. Pretty impressive for a Palm OS Treo tethered to a laptop! Bonus, the Treo charges whilst you use it this way. Minus, Verizon B**tards charge an extra $15/month for this. Still, quite fast!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680