1.    #1  
    Does any treo users out there know of any software that will block the web browser - I don't want myself or my kids going to unwanted sites.

I can't find anything out there....any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    The types of site you should worry about with kids don't display well on Treos. Are you saying that you don't want ANY browser access? Why not just turn off your data plan? Or do you need email?

The other ppssiblity os to cripple the internet connection and then enable it when you needed it. Or buy your kids some portable gaming console so they won't have to play with your Treo!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoaggie View Post
    Does any treo users out there know of any software that will block the web browser - I don't want myself or my kids going to unwanted sites.

I can't find anything out there....any suggestions?

AppLock is designed exactly for this purpose (i.e. to block the launching of any app or set of apps you set it to block), and it definitely does block Blazer, at least on my T650. Ive used it quite a bit and found it to work faultlessly.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, Geoff! I'll look for that app.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoaggie View Post
    Thanks, Geoff! I'll look for that app.
    Actually, having re-read your original question together with your thread title, Im worried I have set you off on the wrong track.

Do you want to block the entire browser app, or just have a filtering option within the browser?

AppLock will do the former, but not the latter, and I dont know of any app that will. As a start, you could always turn off images in yr browser.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.