1.    #1  
    Ok, I know its probably too early to freak out, but to be honest with you - I really like my Treo 680 and I do not want to see Nokia/Motorola to kill PalmOS and this line forever.

As I do not expect they will anyhow affect its sales for some time, I do seriously consider to buy additional 2 devices for backup. I am afraid new owners will stop PalmOS line distorting their OS field - be it Symbian or WinOS.

What's your take on this?
    Mike

I know there is General topic but wanted to have 680 owners only opinion.
    I love my 680, but carrying the same device around for the next six or so years is not for me. I get bored and want the latest and greatest and the 680 will be leaps behind the next few generations of devices coming up only in the next year. I still carry my 650 around, because I still love it so much. But, it's ancient looking compared to my 680 and I've only had it since 2004. If you take care of your Treo, it can last a long, long time.

I'm struggling with the same decision for a laptop. I want a tablet pc and there are some good, older ones out there for great prices. But, when I really NEED it is when I go back to school in a couple years and whatever I get now will be so old and behind by then. Technology moves so fast nowadays...something a year old is already outdated
    Last edited by Christinac130; 03/22/2007 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by m.p. View Post
    Ok, I know its probably too early to freak out, but to be honest with you - I really like my Treo 680 and I do not want to see Nokia/Motorola to kill PalmOS and this line forever.

As I do not expect they will anyhow affect its sales for some time, I do seriously consider to buy additional 2 devices for backup. I am afraid new owners will stop PalmOS line distorting their OS field - be it Symbian or WinOS.

What's your take on this?
    Mike

I know there is General topic but wanted to have 680 owners only opinion.

1. I don't think Palm will sell out.

2. If they do, it will be to Private Equity that shares their vision for the brand and the future. (They will not be sold to be just chopped up and discarded. As I believed in the 700P, so to, do I believe this.)

3. Colbalt and spliting Palm Source off was a 2 year derailment. We are back on track, neat stuff is ahead.

(4. Sorry, not a 680 owner.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Though you don't have a 680, your opinion is still valuable to us...
    I actually chose the Treo 680 because of it's uniqueness in the market, and the friendliness of operation that the Palm OS affords...especially to a n00b like me. There are scores of satisfied and loyal Palm Treo users out there (and here...), and doubt seriously Palm would ever make the decision to simply fold and die. That would be the most inept business decision ever...

Hope I'm right and not just naive...
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    (4. Sorry, not a 680 owner.)
    Infidel

Jokes aside, i think you are right about the takeover, it does make more sense than a sellout to Motorola/Nokia.
  7.    #7  
    [QUOTE=Perry Holden;1224145]

3. Colbalt and spliting Palm Source off was a 2 year derailment. We are back on track, neat stuff is ahead.

Interesting. Can you share your sources information?
    Don't missunderstand me - I simply love my 680 and PalmOs. I find it simlpy the best OS/phone for my Mac-Entourage long time relationship and flowless syncing operation.

Seeing iPhone presentation back/forward several times and from what I saw from Panther preview - Notes importance and its application into the OS X's Mail is still quite overlooked and does not seems like well implemented into the new system/iPhone.

I find the Palm's OS and its Missing Sync's notes syncing still be the best phone for Mac-hardcore-users.
    ~ Cheers, Mike
    Last edited by m.p.; 03/24/2007 at 09:03 PM.
  8. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Let's all buy more Treos!