1.    #1  
    I am lost.
    I tried to follow the directions for putting music on my device but it didn't work.
    My windows media doesn't reconize my palm.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Use an SD card reader.
    Copy your desired mp3 songs into a folder called "Audio" on the SD card.
    Your Treo Music Player (pTunes, RealPlayer, Ocean or whatever) will recognize them from there.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I've had problems as well. I think you need to open ptunes on the Treo while Windows media player is open, then try the "copy to device" somewhere under media player. That usually gets media player to see the Treo. If not try a Hot Sync while media player is open, the try the "copy to device"

JM
    Did you try to see your device under the Tools option in WMP? Or, "refresh device" under the Sync option? Perry's method is the fastest unless you only want select music or don't have a card reader...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    This classified information is in the manual.

Find the youngest person in your family.

I use the sd card reader.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    i use a card reader on my palm treo 755p but i still can get it to play on my treo. and my sd card doesn't have any audio folder
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    You need to create a folder called AUDIO on your card.

With the card in the card reader (Not in your 755p), go to Windows Explorer, find your card
    File ->New ->Folder - name the folder AUDIO

Put the music in that folder.
    If all else fails you can use the quick install feature and hot sync the songs onto your phone. It is not a very fast way to do it, but it will ensure that they are put onto the phone properly. In the correct folder and everything.
    How do I get protected files from itunes to mp3?
    Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    If all else fails you can use the quick install feature and hot sync the songs onto your phone. It is not a very fast way to do it, but it will ensure that they are put onto the phone properly. In the correct folder and everything.
    I agree...that is the the guaranteed way in making sure it works and how its allocated.
    at&t iPhone3G
    At one time, any Media Player version above 10.0 would cause trouble. I have not upgraded WMP, and things work pretty well.
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by bdiffly View Post
    How do I get protected files from itunes to mp3?
    Burn a audio CD then re-import the WAV files from the audio CD as unprotected MP3's. My rule of thumb is that I do this everytime a buy a protected song. This way I am free to do what I want with my music.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011