1.    #1  
    OK. I noticed someone complained about this when they modified their 650 to take something higher than a 4gb, but I haven't seen that people have complained about this with the Fat32 customized ROM. I did the customized ROM on my Sprint 650 to change only the FAT32 so I can use a 4gb and now when I try to do a direct record of Treo Video to the card I get an error that says:
    "Recording has stopped because the storage is full, or there was an error with the storage. Your video might not be saved."

Of course, my storage is not nearly full (it shows I have 57% of the card still open) and it is correct, my video doesn't save. Also, when I put the SD card into the SD card slot on my laptop it says it is not formatted. Only when I put it in a card reader and then in my USB slot does it appear with all the contents on my laptop.

I am using a new Transcend 150x 4gb SD card.
    Last edited by TheTreoGuy; 03/21/2007 at 11:57 PM.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Is the SD slot in your laptop SDHC compatible? That could be why that part doesnt work. Dont know about the acual phone problem though
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy View Post
    OK. I noticed someone complained about this when they modified their 650 to take something higher than a 4gb, but I haven't seen that people have complained about this with the Fat32 customized ROM. I did the customized ROM on my Sprint 650 to change only the FAT32 so I can use a 4gb and now when I try to do a direct record of Treo Video to the card I get an error that says:
    "Recording has stopped because the storage is full, or there was an error with the storage. Your video might not be saved."
    I am using a new Transcend 150x 4gb SD card.
    I have this problem too, with my Transcend 150x 8gb SD card. The problem is definitely not with the FAT32 upgrade, since I can record fine if I pop my 2gb card in. I imagine that the (very low) speed of transfer to the SD card cannot cope with the data flow of video recording. With my card, the data transfer rate to the card (e.g when doing a RAM backup) is at least 2-3x times slower than with the 2gb card. However, as reported here and on MyTreoNet, some people are able to record without problem to 8gb cards.

I tried PXAClocker at 507Mhz with the faint hope it might help, but it doesnt.

Ive got a rubbery skin cover, so I keep my 2gb card underneath that at the back in case I need to record video. So Im just putting up with it for now. I guess at some stage in the future Ill buy a faster card and that will solve the problem,

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  4.    #4  
    It's not an SDHC card so I don't know why it won't work in the regular SD slot on my laptop. Any other ideas?

As for the recording to it from Treo Video, does anyone have a 650 and a 4gb card that they are able to record directly to using the Treo Video function?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    I have this problem too, with my Transcend 150x 8gb SD card. The problem is definitely not with the FAT32 upgrade, since I can record fine if I pop my 2gb card in. I imagine that the (very low) speed of transfer to the SD card cannot cope with the data flow of video recording. With my card, the data transfer rate to the card (e.g when doing a RAM backup) is at least 2-3x times slower than with the 2gb card. However, as reported here and on MyTreoNet, some people are able to record without problem to 8gb cards.

I tried PXAClocker at 507Mhz with the faint hope it might help, but it doesnt.

Ive got a rubbery skin cover, so I keep my 2gb card underneath that at the back in case I need to record video. So Im just putting up with it for now. I guess at some stage in the future Ill buy a faster card and that will solve the problem,

cheers
    Isn't 150x supposed to be fast? Is it just this card or is it all 4gb cards regardless?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy View Post
    Isn't 150x supposed to be fast? Is it just this card or is it all 4gb cards regardless?
    Sorry, I missed noticing that yours is a SD card, mine is of course an SDHC card.

From the little I know yes, a 150x SD card should transfer data 7-10x faster than a class 2 SDHC card like mine. So I retract my earlier suggested explanation.

Where did you get the SD card from? As youre probably aware, most of the cheap SD cards on eBay for example are fakes, as I unfortunately know from personal experience!

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    Sorry, I missed noticing that yours is a SD card, mine is of course an SDHC card.

From the little I know yes, a 150x SD card should transfer data 7-10x faster than a class 2 SDHC card like mine. So I retract my earlier suggested explanation.

Where did you get the SD card from? As youre probably aware, most of the cheap SD cards on eBay for example are fakes, as I unfortunately know from personal experience!

cheers

It's definitely not fake. I got it from newegg. I'm also noticing other posts that said to format it in my XP to have 32k chunks so I did that but it doesn't seem any quicker (and video still doesn't work and SoundRec sounds choppy recording directly to the card now - it didn't sound choppy on my 2gb). Also, I tried using chkdsk to see the chunks and to see if there are bad sectors but everytime I try it the chkdsk screen disappears right after it shows it has checked. How do I keep the chkdsk results from disappearing?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Sounds like chkdsk is taking longer than your timer for the screen to turn off.. Pressing the red power button should bring you to the result screen.
    I threw FAT32 into my ROM and remove FATFS and hated it. I could not do much of anything without it taking forever... I didnt even have a 4G card... It was my 2G. I read and read and still there is no real answer, so I went back to FATFS. I still loose video sometimes if I try to take a 3+minute vid saving to the device or to the card... It will sometimes just dissapear with no error messages or nuthin. I found that if I turned off the review feature in the prefs that it saves the video more consistantly. But it still looses some every so often.

If the power button doesnt bring back chcdsk, then try setting your screen to turn off at a later time..3 mins?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindDude View Post
    Sounds like chkdsk is taking longer than your timer for the screen to turn off.. Pressing the red power button should bring you to the result screen.
    I threw FAT32 into my ROM and remove FATFS and hated it. I could not do much of anything without it taking forever... I didnt even have a 4G card... It was my 2G. I read and read and still there is no real answer, so I went back to FATFS. I still loose video sometimes if I try to take a 3+minute vid saving to the device or to the card... It will sometimes just dissapear with no error messages or nuthin. I found that if I turned off the review feature in the prefs that it saves the video more consistantly. But it still looses some every so often.

If the power button doesnt bring back chcdsk, then try setting your screen to turn off at a later time..3 mins?
    I guess I wasn't clear. chkdsk is using my computer and my card is in a card reader (e. Is there a way to do the chkdsk on the Treo and read the chunk sizes and the bad sectors? I thought it has to be done on my computer.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Im sorry, I thought it was on your palm,, I had a similar problem with palminternals taking longer than my screen timeout and ... blah blah.. I'm sorry for being so stupid..