1.    #1  
    I have no idea what the deal is with my 700p but all of a sudden I cannot sync it to my cpu. I have reset my CPU and my 700 a few times and it still doesnt matter. The sync will run through the beginning then get to "synchronizing memos" and freeze. I have not added anything new other than getting my SD card in the mail but I havent put anything on it...I have NO CLUE what to do here...any thoughts?
  2.    #2  
    The error message I get is:
    The connection between your handheld and computer was lost. Some of your data was not backed up. Please check your setup and try again.
    I have had similar problems. Try ejecting your SD card before you hotsync. That works for me, but I am not sure why...

-Stew
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Mine syncs but takes 30-45 minutes on my work PC and about 15 minutes on my Mac at home. My 600 took a few minutes at most on each. I love my 700p! It has taught me patience which is an important lesson.
    Something's either way wrong with yours or you have a lot of data to back up, and I'm talking GBs worth. It took less than 2 minutes to both sync and backup mine. Sure, nothing was installed and not much data had changed, but a majority of that time was Missing Sync just starting up. Maybe a hard reset might help with that.
    My problems were related to my SD card. I spent a little time on it this morning and it seems to be fixed. Basically I got a new 2GB SD card. Worked fine for a while and then I started experiencing the same problem while hotsyncing image/pics. I could hotsync if I removed the SD card. The solution was to backup my SD card via a card reader to my hard drive. Put the SD card back into the 700p and format it using the 'Card Info' application. Then I copied the files back to the SD card. Now it seems to Hotsync fine with the SD card inserted.

-Stew

PS. If it's not related to your SD card then perhaps you memo's are corrupted.