1.    #1  
    Friends, I just discovered the numerous 700p lag threads after living (in intermittent agony) with the various bugs of my phone. All I had to read was "lag...white screen...2-3 seconds" and I knew I was home.

I'm trying to clear up memory in the hopes that it will improve my phone's performance, which has been deteriorating substantially. Accessing my phone info, I have 20MB free, 11MB+ in use by the email program. I've tried deleting all messages in my inbox (3000+), a process that asked me to "Please Wait" for a full 7 minutes before it finished (and then quickly reset itself?).

Now, my phone info still indicates that I have 11MB in use for email. Is this simply a bloated email program, or did something go wrong? My inbox has zero messages (precious few in the drafts/sent folder), but now when I try to navigate the app it takes an average of 3-5 seconds between button clicks, including scrolling up or down.

I can sympathize with the frustration of all 700p users - and I've only known about the putative patch (which IMO will NOT satisfactorily address the lag issue) for a few agonizing days. Are we destined to be the forgotten children of the Treo community?
    Versamail has the 'expanding email database' issue. Delete the email account(s) and setup a new one to start fresh. This will temporarily fix the database bloat. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    But will it help with the lag?

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Im sure your attatchments file is the culprut. You can just delete that without deleting the whole account
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Im sure your attatchments file is the culprut. You can just delete that without deleting the whole account
    Is that called Multimail Attachments?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Is that called Multimail Attachments?
    Yes. Deleting that file will delete all attachements and/or "ghosts" of previous ones
    Last edited by sxtg; 03/23/2007 at 09:25 AM.
    ^cool, that works. There wasn't an email attachment file on the 600 so you had to start fresh. Thanks for the tip. Love this board!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  8.    #8  
    thanks for the advice.

I managed to trash all 3000+ emails (took a gooooood number of minutes) and empty the trash (an astoundingly long process taking hours).

I'm happy to report my phone lag has been reduced from unbearably slow to frustratingly, but functionally, laggy.

I hope Steve Sinclair has something great in the works with the new patch...in the mean time, I'll be salivating over the iPhone and contemplating the switch once its clear if Palm/PocketPC software will function on it (yes? no?)