Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Nuffsed
    Nuffsed's Avatar
       #1  
    Yes it makes fonts look purty. No I'm not converting from trial to full user - in fact I deleted it within a day. It made my otherwise rock solid ultrareliable 680 crash once and freeze twice requiring soft resets. All in the space of a day!!!

    Shame: cos i do like how it pretties up the fonts etc, but don't need unneccessary instability on my Treo
  2. #2  
    I have been successfully using mine without any resets. I saw that they just released an updated version. You can try it again.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    I have been successfully using mine without any resets. I saw that they just released an updated version. You can try it again.
    I saw that they just released an update and I thought about trying it. But, I think I read here that it was conflicting with some apps Does it really change the Treo's look enough to use it?

    Nuffsed, were you playing around with FontSmoother at the time of the resets?

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=34
    Last edited by Christinac130; 03/21/2007 at 10:45 AM.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsed View Post
    Yes it makes fonts look purty. No I'm not converting from trial to full user - in fact I deleted it within a day. It made my otherwise rock solid ultrareliable 680 crash once and freeze twice requiring soft resets. All in the space of a day!!!

    Shame: cos i do like how it pretties up the fonts etc, but don't need unneccessary instability on my Treo
    Works great for me, and many others..

    'nuff said.
  5. Nuffsed
    Nuffsed's Avatar
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Nuffsed, were you playing around with FontSmoother at the time of the resets?
    Honestly: don't remember explicitly, though I did play around with it lots for its day of occupation on my Treo- so maybe.

    What I do know: Fontsmoother was definately playing around with my 680!

    It was on & active. Yes it did nice voodoo on my fonts, but a 680 that is ultra reliable became dodgy as a Hal 9000.

    Now with fontsmoother gone: it's all monolithic stable again.

    I really liked the app, but wont sacrifice performance/ stability just for some font eye-candy
  6. #6  
    Works rock-solid for me.

    But sounds like you had a pretty clear cut case.
  7. #7  
    Now I'm curious to try it...can you use any font you like, or does it have to be included in the Fontsmoother app?
  8. #8  
    You can use any font on your PC. It will convert it for your Treo use.
  9. #9  
    You can see my post on the 700P forum. I used FS without problem for 8-10 months. Then I added some Windows fonts and began having lags and occasional crashes in Versamail, and only Versamail. I finally got wise and looked at my settings. I had a default font on almost all apps.....except for email. On the email app I was using an Arial 10 font that I had made with a program called Easyconvert. It, and it alone out of the three new fonts I made, causes a buggyness and frequent crashes with Versamail. An easy way to test this is just to turn off FS on the main screen. When I did that, things immediately improved, without even a soft reset. Appears to me that there are some fonts that the device doesn't like....

Posting Permissions