1.    #1  
    Alright, so my 700P resets at random times, here and there... not sure when it does but i know it does...I think mainly when the "stress load" is too much.

But I never really had a problem with it so I let it go.
    However, I just installed Mundu and it reset`d twice on the first two loads.
    I would hope to avoid a hard reset - but what can I do to fix this problem?

Firmware update or ? ?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I had quite a few random resets (crashes). I did not have many third party applications, so there was no stress load, as you mention.
    I did a hard reset and created a new user profile on Palm Desktop (since hot syncing to the old profile could bring back the problem). Before doing the reset, I exported my data to my PC (palm desktop file/export for each of the data areas i.e. contacts, calendar, etc.). I imported them into the new profile.
    I also did not install any third party applications for the first week or two, just to be sure that it was running smoothly.
    The net result, I went from having one or two crashes every day or two (not sure of the exact number but it was frequent) to only one crash in the month since I did this (see my signature for the dates).
    My advice would be to try the same, but make sure you export all your data first!
    Last edited by haroldo; 03/21/2007 at 03:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addictjokah View Post
    Alright, so my 700P resets at random times, here and there... not sure when it does but i know it does...I think mainly when the "stress load" is too much.

But I never really had a problem with it so I let it go.
    However, I just installed Mundu and it reset`d twice on the first two loads.
    I would hope to avoid a hard reset - but what can I do to fix this problem?

Firmware update or ? ?

Thanks!
    Random resets are actually an undocumented 'feature' of the 700P. Welcome to our world!!

Hugs,

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Ummmm...it's possible Mundu is the problem. Since you say it started happening more often after installing Mundu, the app may not be playing nice with something else you have
  5.    #5  
    Well, if it helps (I guess I do have quite a few 3rd party software - but when I first had them, it never really caused any problems.

FontSmoother
    TreoLauncher
    SnapperMail
    ResetDoctor
    DiddleBug
    GoogleMaps
    HandZipper
    KeyGTime+

I guess if anything, that means I'll have to do a hard reset today.

I've known about the random resets on the 700P...just when I first had them, never had that many lol
    Sorry to bump this up but ever since I installed Mundu, I've been experiencing more resets, particularly the "double" reset.
    Yeah I had problems with Mundu too. That's probably your culprit. Sucks b/c it's a good chat prog.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Try turning Fontsmoother off and see if that helps.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I think it is unwise to avoid a particular program due to random crashes, since, in my very unscientific opinion, there is no direct correlation between any one program, combination of programs, button press or presses, amount of memory, number of SMS items saved, browser cache or any other event or series of events and crashes (I think that was grammatically correct).
    The (sad) truth of the matter is that the 700p will crash with out any applications installed just as often as it will crash when a power user has 10-20 applications.
    The crashes (again, in my unscientific opinion) are random.
    You can waste a lot of time trying to find the culprit (by pressing #*#377) but all that will tell you is the name of the program that was running when it crashed, NOT the program that caused the crash.
    Just like the rooster who thinks his morning cackling causes the sun to rise, it is foolish to blame any one program on the crashes. Even if you stop using the program, you will eventually get a crash, so don't deny yourself the pleasure of the program.
    If you notice that you were using a particular program when it crashed more than once, I will attribute that to the fact that this is a program that you use regularly and then the odds are greater that it will be in use when you get the crash.
    I hate to sound like a downer, I love the Treo, but I am resigned to the fact that the crashes are completely random.
    I did a hard reset and only installed a backup program (with the option to reset after updating turned off) and I still get periodic crashes.
    So, go ahead, use as many applications as you want and when it crashes, don't let it bother you.
    Think of it like a traffic jam...just wait a few seconds and it will be gone.
    The only known fix, that I am aware of, is the iPhone (sorry, couldn't resist)

BTW, the signature for my posts at this web forum is a link for "How I cured 700p crashes", you can try what I did, but I still get occassional crashes. I guess I should change the title to "How I temporarily cured 700p crashes"
    Last edited by haroldo; 07/06/2007 at 05:57 AM.
    While what you say makes sense, remember that programs like Fontsmoother, depending on how they are set up, are implemented every time you open an app. I have personally seen Fontsmoother cause random crashes with a variety of programs, including Versamail, 2Day and Chatter, while others work just fine.
    try installing crash-pro and check the logger it will tell you the app and cause of the crash