1.    #1  
    I can't believe I am the first one to post this but I searched and couldn't find it so thought it would be useful for all of you that have 650s:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/

Looks like if you have Versamail 3.1, you can pay $10 to get versamail 3.5 (it says $13 on palminfocenter but is $10 when you go to palm.com) which adds contact sync and other improvements and then another $3 if you want push. Sorry if this was posted already.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    This is really fantastic.

There is a now a stable phone that can be picked up for little cost ($100 or so on Ebay) that gets people direct push.

Fantastic.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    "There is a now a stable phone that can be picked up for little cost ($100 or so on Ebay) "

Or $99 factory refurbished from Cingular with a voice contract renewal, no data contract required.
    Any reports on how this is working out for people still using 650?

Or has everyone who needs this already upgraded to 700p, leaving us less fortunate ones way behind?
    I did this upgrade on my unlocked GSM 650 and it installed easily and did what is said it would do. Recommended. However this upgrade pried me away from Chatter so be warned. Now I am a 700wx dude.
    I want to try moving from Good to direct push. I am waiting for my IT group to make the needed changes to Exchange. Does anyone know what is needed for the Exchange server?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    my IT dept already supports push for 700w/wx. does that mean that I can get it on my 650 as well with versamail 3.5 w/ EAS update?
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Yes, Raka.

I'm using it on a 650. It works as you would expect.
    cool. thanks!
    i'm going to give it a shot and report on the results.
  10. gw1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    It does work ... but my Treo now resets much more often than it used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I did this upgrade on my unlocked GSM 650 and it installed easily and did what is said it would do. Recommended. However this upgrade pried me away from Chatter so be warned. Now I am a 700wx dude.
    Hi -- I'm using Chatter and I love it. Do you mean you prefer the upgraded Versamail to Chatter?

VM 3.5 works fine (guess it was worth the $10)

NO luck with EAS update. In fact, after doing the update, Versamail stops working completely. Cannot connect to the exchange server (AirState.... error)

Direct push is enabled on my exch server 2003 (i know 'cos it works for people with Treo 700w & Moto-Q)

moreover, the $2.99 is a RIP-OFF. The FREE EAS update "for 700P" is IDENTICAL binary as the NOT FREE EAS update "for 650P".

If you have a 650P and want to try the EAS update, just use the free one and try it out. If it works, you can always pay them the $2.99. it'll be worth it.
    Has anyone seen yet whether they can get the EAS to work on a Cingular branded 650 or 680? (Does the 700P installer have the same check to prevent installation on a Cingular ROM?)
    EAS update never worked for my Mail2Web account, be warned.

I would constantly get errors of "EAS Account: Please press the Sync button" , and syncing would do nothing to fix them.