Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I found the treo 700p. Does anyone know how to do a esn swap for a sprint phone?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    You call Sprint customer service, but chances are if you found it, it's already been reported lost or stolen, and they won't activate it, so might as well return it to your nearest Sprint store.
    Treomonter:

I assume you have made every effort to find the owner such as calling the provider (likely Verizon or Sprint) to id them, etc..?

Be well,

David
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Under prefernces you will see OWNER
    Check to see if the rightful owner of the phone left contact information
  5.    #5  
    ok...i'll check that out...
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treomonter View Post
    I found the treo 700p. Does anyone know how to do a esn swap for a sprint phone?
    This is a joke.....right?
    I found a car parked near my house. How can I get it under my insurance plan? Do i just need to do a VIN swap?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Its best you return that phone to the provider.. Go to the store and drop it off.. its a $650 phone and I know in my state stealing something with that much value if a felony not a misdemeanor.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Yeah, 'found' is a bit broad.

Technically, some people 'find' things in other people's cars, homes, briefcases, desks, etc.

You would be best served by getting rid of it. (and some 700P users have complained about THEIR handsets being hot...)

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    take it appart and sell individual parts ,- keyboard, lcd, etc that what they do with cars they "find" I think ))
    Good luck with that stolen, er "found", phone. http://www.dapcv.com/phpBB/images/smiles/busted_cop.gif
    Hey, we had one at work that was in the lost & found. I knew I wouldn't be able to use it, but wanted to take the battery, after the time ran out. They picked it up a few days later, or, well, it wasn't there anymore, at least.

It would have been dumb to take the battery earlier, though, since there's only 2 people with Treos that work there.
    to acomplish the task on hand, remove the battery cover, remove the battery, locate the esn number, get a black sharpie and write the new esn number you desire. Then call the phone carrier and give them the old esn number along with your personal info and the new esn number that you just jotted. This should take care of the problem ;-)
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    LOL @ the replies
    You could use bitpim and serial cable to change the nvm_0002 file to "Fix the esn". but I have not been successful with it. Just change the ESN to a "regular cell phone, such as your old regular (non-pda) phone" and activate that.

see mobile-files.com for some discussion
    When I was a few years old I "found" a pack of gum on this nice looking rack at the grocery checkout so I helped myself to one. Found out later that you were supposed to pay for it - who would a thunk it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    You could use bitpim and serial cable to change the nvm_0002 file to "Fix the esn". but I have not been successful with it. Just change the ESN to a "regular cell phone, such as your old regular (non-pda) phone" and activate that.

see mobile-files.com for some discussion
    can we say illegal?
    You guys are so cynical. I doubt every person that owns a Treo holds it in such high esteem like TreoCentral users, to some people it's just a smartphone. People misplace their cell phones all the time. It is possible that someone lost theirs and it is possible that he found it.

Maybe he's already turned it in...I'm the eternal optimist
    if it was lost..chances are it was reported in...so the phone is worthless to you...why don't you try tracking down the owner via the phonebook and return the phone. I'm sure you will get a reward as you probably have saved the original owner a lot of money!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I think we've all gotten our point across. I'm sure original poster has either returned it, or has been shamed into not returning to this forum. Providing further advice along these lines may not be fruitful.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast