Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As mow more than four months since the launch of the 680, with all –ve comments mentioned in the forum, I was expecting palm to make any comments or start lunching the new firmware update as soon as possible, or at least launch a battery update immediately then launch another update with some fixes/ recommendations, then a third with other fixes and so on till they fix this sxxt we bought. Or show some respect to their customers by providing any response to all the frustration in this very loyal forum –Palm users-.

So any idea when's the new firmware update is be launched?

IT'S GETTING REALLY FRUSTRATING....
    The 700p was released around March 2006 and they are still waiting on an update. That might give you an indication on how long you may be waiting.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    My 680 is working wonderfully as is the case for many here.

I'm curious, What exactly are you so frustrated about? What do you expect to get fixed?
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I'd like to see a firmware update that incorporates the newest version of Pocket Tunes, the camera, DST and Battery updates, and the EAS patch. All of those should have been in the original rom. In all, the 680 has been good. It is the cheapest, fastest, most powerful Treo I have ever owned, and I can do things with it I never even imagined five years ago.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  5.    #5  
    bigcatny:

Seriously I don’t know whether you are serious or you are joking?

As a joke it's funny
    And I would add that I am anxiously awaiting a decent keyguard, since the current one on the 680 is totally out of wack...

On that subject, does anyone know if the Butler Keyguard fixes the missed alarms / sequencing issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherifelabd View Post
    bigcatny:

Seriously I don’t know whether you are serious or you are joking?

As a joke it's funny

Actually I'm quite serious. I'm trying to figure out if your joking? You still haven't named anything that you feel is so bad so it's hard to tell what your referring to.

As for how much people are enjoying their machines, try this thread, for instance
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138820

As for the keyguard thing, I certainly understand why it's not working for you but I don't find it to be an issue for me at all. I like the way it's setup so obviously we use it differently.
    My 680 is humming along great. Much better than the 700P I used for 8 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer View Post
    And I would add that I am anxiously awaiting a decent keyguard, since the current one on the 680 is totally out of wack...

On that subject, does anyone know if the Butler Keyguard fixes the missed alarms / sequencing issue?
    Butler keyguard fixes it. but atleast on my treo it also introduces ghost alarms. But other than that it works perfect. Look at the other thread on the keyguard.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Well, they need to put out a fix for the gibberish issue. (and I think they will relatively soon) I would be surprised if there was anything beyond that though.
    I really don't have many complaints anymore.. The 680 is a hell of a lot better than the 650. Battery life is acceptable for me, DST is a non-issue for me, and I don't have any keyguard problems because my case isn't uber tight and doesn't press any buttons.

If I had one complaint, it'd be that the event loop seems to have more hooks than the 650 did, as general usage is slightly slower. It'd be nice to get some of that out. In particular, I question a dbcache check inside of HVCH.
    Im happy with my Treo the way it is, however if Palm were to release a firmware update, it would give our modders more of an insight on how to make custom ROM's for the 680 & 750 right? If thats the case, I'm all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    I'd like to see a firmware update that incorporates the newest version of Pocket Tunes, the camera, DST and Battery updates, and the EAS patch. All of those should have been in the original rom. In all, the 680 has been good. It is the cheapest, fastest, most powerful Treo I have ever owned, and I can do things with it I never even imagined five years ago.
    You will not get that level of an update without paying for it. My guess is that PocketTunes was not yet ready for release, else it would have made it on the 680.

The camera, DST, and EAS patches most likely will be included, as well as cache improvements and maybe a tweak update to Blazer or another applicaiton. Normally speaking, firmware updates will address stability rather than improve features, a feature pack release would do that and that is something that I do not think Palm has the capital to do at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    Well, they need to put out a fix for the gibberish issue. (and I think they will relatively soon) I would be surprised if there was anything beyond that though.
    See my piece right above, but this too would be fixed, if it is something totally software related. However, I think this is something more easily addressable on the Cingy handsets rather than the unlocked ones as testing this with every conceviable carrier to which teh 680 has been released (in a 3G market) would be kinda hard, and lengthy.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ... to stop the phone freezing when a call comes in, and forcing me to remove the back to reset it, wait for the thing to re-boot (time for a coffee and sandwich), then wait while the phone re-activiates itself, then call back the person who tried to ring me several minutes ago. There are two basic functions for a Treo - pda AND phone - we got 1 out of 2 at the moment. And Palm refuse to even accnowledge they have a problem ... but I guess us loyal Palm users (for many years) are used to the crap customer service ..... next dumb question .....
    Quote Originally Posted by philmair View Post
    ... to stop the phone freezing when a call comes in, and forcing me to remove the back to reset it, wait for the thing to re-boot (time for a coffee and sandwich), then wait while the phone re-activiates itself, then call back the person who tried to ring me several minutes ago. There are two basic functions for a Treo - pda AND phone - we got 1 out of 2 at the moment. And Palm refuse to even accnowledge they have a problem ... but I guess us loyal Palm users (for many years) are used to the crap customer service ..... next dumb question .....

Maybe this can help out a bit. I have read several post on this problem on multiple Treo sites. Most people have found this issue to be with the sim card. I have also read that if you are having this problem to go to your retail dealer (Cingular, Rogers, etc) and they will swap your sim card to a newer version. When reading peoples responses to this action they have claimed that the freezing issue has gone away. Oh and they claim that their provider swaps the sim for free because it's there issue not yours they should so demand a bit!
    Quote Originally Posted by omarone View Post
    Maybe this can help out a bit. I have read several post on this problem on multiple Treo sites. Most people have found this issue to be with the sim card. I have also read that if you are having this problem to go to your retail dealer (Cingular, Rogers, etc) and they will swap your sim card to a newer version. When reading peoples responses to this action they have claimed that the freezing issue has gone away. Oh and they claim that their provider swaps the sim for free because it's there issue not yours they should so demand a bit!
    It's been my impression that the gibberish issue is quite similar as well. I find myself amused, though, that using the ROW code release -- I purchased my 680 from Palm direct -- I have had absolutely no examples of either problem. ROW has slightly newer code, though, so perhaps some bugs exist in the CNG ROM/firmware that indeed have already been fixed?
    I've never had gibberish or a freeze during a call. I've never had a freeze, period. One time I had a white screen for about 15s, but I had just exited a large program and I think it was doing a dbcache clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    make the switch to one of the following "good" SIM cards....prob solved

Bad 3G SIMs:
    73000 O 4021
    64205 O 4020

Good 3G SIMs:
    73000 G 3021
    64205 G 3020

Good 2G SIMs:
    63698 G 4004

Bad 2G SIMs:
    none, rumor has it all 2G SIMs work...

So, G = Good?
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle16 View Post
    make the switch to one of the following "good" SIM cards....prob solved

Bad 3G SIMs:
    73000 O 4021
    64205 O 4020

Good 3G SIMs:
    73000 G 3021
    64205 G 3020

Good 2G SIMs:
    63698 G 4004

Bad 2G SIMs:
    none, rumor has it all 2G SIMs work...

So, G = Good?
    63698 A 1002 also works A-OK on my phone. The chip is probably a year or so old - 64MB. No gibberish. Cingie.

Just to add to the list.
    Palm V > Palm Tungsten E > Palm Treo 680 (Unlocked GSM) purchased 1-4-07
    -
    My 680 Stats: Firmware-MW01.50; Software: TREO680-1.04-ROW; Hardware: A
    -
    Cellular One / PrimeCo / AT&T Wireless / Sprint / Clingular / AT&T Wireless (Cingular)
    -
    Moto Startac * PrimeCo Qualcomm * Nokia 6400 * Sanyo 4500 * Sanyo 8100 * Nokia 6682 (Unlocked) * Palm Treo 680 (Unlocked)
    I figured there would be a firmware upgrade by the end of this month for the Cingular branded phones. If you remember at the launch, Cingular siad the 680 would PTT capable with an upgrade by the end of the 1st quarter. Looks like they will probably miss that date!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast