1.    #1  
    Hello Everyone,

I would like to know if its possible to sync a Treo, in this case a 650p, on more than one machine.

Currently, it is sync'ed up with a Desktop computer and the Palm software is the default application used for everything (Calendar, Contacts, Memos).

The person who I would like to do this for also purcahsed a laptop and would like to use that to sync as well.

Would I lose anything? Please advise!

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you!
    Kamika007z
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamika007z View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I would like to know if its possible to sync a Treo, in this case a 650p, on more than one machine.

Currently, it is sync'ed up with a Desktop computer and the Palm software is the default application used for everything (Calendar, Contacts, Memos).

The person who I would like to do this for also purcahsed a laptop and would like to use that to sync as well.

Would I lose anything? Please advise!

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you!
    Kamika007z
    Yes, you can do it. Make sure that you first sync with the desktop machine, to make everything current. Install, and then change the "custom" settings in the Hot Sync app on the laptop to *have the handheld overwrite the PC*, before the first time a sync is performed. After that, you should be fine doing regular syncs. I currently sync with both my work and home PC, without problems.

-B
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for replying. A few more questions just to be completely certain that the phone does not get accidentally wiped out:

Upon installing the software on the laptop (version 4.1.4E), it asks me to create a profile.

Do I create the same exact profile as the one on the Desktop? Or do I create a new one? Or do I even skip that step during setup and create it later?

If you skip that step, it would prompt you something to the effect of "skipping this step may cause irreversible damage"

Please let me know

Thank you
    I'm a little confused. Are you syncing your information into someone else's computer so that he/she has your same info? You can just set up the same user ID that you're using in the laptop. Set the Hot Sync Manager to "handheld overwrites desktop" in the custom settings and sync everything over. They can edit the user name on the Palm desktop after if they need to.
  5.    #5  
    No it's for the same user. She currently syncs it with her Desktop and now she wanted to also sync the same exact information onto her laptop.

I'm a little fuzzy with Palm software and intellisync, that is why I want to make sure all will go through smoothly.