1.    #1  
    I've been reading through these posts and I may have the same problem as other 680 users but I am not sure. I set my treo to vibrate to alert me, instead of sound. I got the 680 about 4 months ago and it was working fine. All of a sudden about two weeks ago, it's stopped vibrating. I chaged the settings to make sound alerts and they do not work anymore either. I had a 650 and this used to happen from time to time, but I would just hit the reset button in the back and it would correct itself. The 680 does not have the same button to reset button. I do not carry my treo in a case, but I carry it in a pocket in my purse. But even when the treo is sitting on my desk, no alerts! Is there anything else I can do?
    I know this is a dumb question, but did you try reseting it? To do a soft reset you have to take the battery out on the 680.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
  3.    #3  
    I've taken the battery out more times than I can count and no luck
    Does the vibrate not work at all? I mean can you force it to vibrate by moving the switch? I want to rule out hardware failure. If it does, vibrate then maybe another program setting is messing with it.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
  5.    #5  
    it vibrates when I flip the sound/no sound switch. and it vibrates when I get calls. I have nothing installed on it but my work email. like I said, it was working fine for a few months.
    Well, I think the gremlins have gotten hold of your 680. I'm sorry but I'm stumped. If going to Prefs > Sounds & Alerts doesn't work, the last thing I'd try is a hard reset. Be sure to back up first.
    ~Jessi~

Quote Originally Posted by dworld View Post
    it vibrates when I flip the sound/no sound switch. and it vibrates when I get calls. I have nothing installed on it but my work email. like I said, it was working fine for a few months.
    If it vibrates during those events, then the hardware is working. You must therefore have a software problem. Have you done a full backup? If so, try a hard reset and see if it is fixed.