1.    #1  
    Can somebody help a newbie out....?

I had my Treo set up to where when I hit a particular letter key from the mainscreen, it would automatically go to that alphabetical group in my contacts...much easier than scrolling to my contact list each time I wanted to make a call. I really liked that...

But...since I did my first hot sync on the phone, the settings reset back to default. And, I have searched and searched...but I can't find where I set the key/contact up in the first place so I can reset it back to how I like it.

I know I am missing something simple...but I can't find it to save my life.

Please help!!
    When you say the "Main screen" do you mean the main screen of the Phone function, or the main screen with all of your programs?

Try this from your main phone menu:
    Hit the menu button, and then select "Options," then "Phone Display Options," then in the middle, select "Typing starts Contact Search" rather than "Typing dials phone number".

Did that help?
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1 View Post
    When you say the "Main screen" do you mean the main screen of the Phone function, or the main screen with all of your programs?

Try this from your main phone menu:
    Hit the menu button, and then select "Options," then "Phone Display Options," then in the middle, select "Typing starts Contact Search" rather than "Typing dials phone number".

Did that help?
    Ohhhhh...thank you, thank you, thank you (bows down and kisses mistercoffee1's feet), thank you...