1.    #1  
    Hi, after the latest release of goodlink has taken over the buttons on my 750, removed my ability to send text from native contacts, removed my ability to use ringtones and send text from recent call list, and a bunch of other things, I am now considering going to activesync. Anyone else try activesync on the treo 750? Pros/cons vs Goodlink? What am I losing or gaining?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    what people fail to understand is Goodlink is not a consumer wireless email solution it is a business wireless email solution

majority of goodlink customers are professionals, who do not know or care about custom ringtones, or customizing the phone

thats what makes goodlink such a beautiful application from an enterprise standpoint, it is perfectly administrable

i guess my point is, if you can customize your phone, buttons, ringtones, and text messaging, then goodlink is not for you, find another way to sync mail to your device, which there are tons
  3.    #3  
    I am a corporate customer... been using goodlink with exchange for 3 years now. Loved it, absolutely loved it, up until this last release. I had a treo 600 up until January when i upgraded to a 750. Thats when Activesync became an option, and I still went with Goodlink and told everyone who would listen that goodlink was the best. I bought a $600 phone and I want to use all of its capabilities, is that a crime? I can't be a corporate user and want to have custom rings for personal vs business callers? I can't want to send a text message for business reasons (not everone has email access from their handheld)? This has only been an issue since the latest release of goodlink. Up until that, I was a totally happy camper.
    I agree with deanjen... Just because we are corporate "power" users doesn't mean that we shouldn't be able to create custome ringtones or any of the other things that Good takes away. I am a human as much as I am a business man, and for that reason I still want ringtones and the other things that give my treo the touch that it needs to make it MY OWN.

They should create their own phone if they feel they are so important as to take everything over like they do.... Blackberry did it, but obviously its too late for that.

I LOVE GOOD, but BOOOOOOOO for not addressing customer needs, but I understand that other options exist so I can't say they need to, i'm just frustrated, LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepik View Post
    what people fail to understand is Goodlink is not a consumer wireless email solution it is a business wireless email solution

majority of goodlink customers are professionals, who do not know or care about custom ringtones, or customizing the phone
    I'd disagree with this - We have a very large install base of users on Goodlink and the majority do care for the consumer type options as our helpdesk will confirm.
    Only I.T departments have this closed mindset and focus on control and management.
    If you do not listen to the user base and give them some of the frills then you find people will pretty quickly give up on the solution you are providing and any productivity gains and relationship with them will be lost.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    i understand what you guys are saying..but from a large enterprise maangement perspective goodlink must be locked down

same thing goes with blackberry and blackberry policy on large enterprise environments, devices must be locked down in order for them to work properly in a large it department

if we as corporate IT must take a hit and be called names, then so be it, but if it makes us runner smoother as an organization then thats what we care for..this is why goodlink is really good for us, and i love the fact that its locked down, and not customizable
    What do you mean by locked down? There are tons of registry edits that can customize even Goodlink. And the forced password policy can be disabled by changing one simple registry key from a 1 to a 0.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT