1.    #1  
    I'd like to change the vibration switch on the top of my 700p so that, when in vibration mode, the phone is actually completely silent, and doesn't vibrate at all. I've already got it set so in "normal" mode, it vibrates for a while and then starts playing a ring tone. I'd like to make "vibrate" mode totally silent. Because at night, when in vibrate mode, if the phone is sitting on something hard (like my night stand), the vibration makes a huge amount of noise.

Any suggestions?
    Um, I don't have a 700p, but on the 650:

Prefs-->Sounds & Alerts--> Sound Mode Off-->Vibrate-->Off

Is that not possible on the 700p?
    The switch at the top is a Ringer Switch and as far as I know and have tested does not control vibrate. Using the built-in software (at least on my 680), you can have vibrate on always, never on, or on when sound is off.

If you need more combinations, look at one of the third party profile apps, such as Profiles and ProfileCare. These will also let you set your ringer or vibrate by time so you don't have to use the ringer switch all the time.

Hope this helps

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    software like butler or phone technician?
  5.    #5  
    I have both butler and phone tech and registered them, they're great apps. But they don't do this. And as for ProfileCare... well... it's too bloated and unstable for me to comfortably run on my Treo. No offense meant to anyone.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Um, I don't have a 700p, but on the 650:

Prefs-->Sounds & Alerts--> Sound Mode Off-->Vibrate-->Off

Is that not possible on the 700p?
    No, it doesn't seem to be possible on the 700p.
    go into sounds and turn your RINGER OFF at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiSage View Post
    I have both butler and phone tech and registered them, they're great apps. But they don't do this. And as for ProfileCare... well... it's too bloated and unstable for me to comfortably run on my Treo. No offense meant to anyone.
    Try Profiles. I don't know how stable it is (it's in my "to evaluate" folder) but it's much smaller.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiSage View Post
    Bloated is your opinion, but ProfileCare is not unstable.
  10.    #10  
    It crashed my Treo 700p 3 times, at least according to ResetDoctor. It could be a bad interaction with another program I'm running. I guess the other issue for me is that it almost has *too many* features, but that's my own problem.

As for the guy who suggested I simply go into prefs and turn my ringer off, yes, that's a great solution, except for the fact that my question is specifically about using the physical switch on the outside of the treo to accomplish this. Not a way to do it manually in software.