Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thinking of getting a crimson but is that kind of girly? don't want to offend any guys with crimson but would like you opinions.
    No, colors are not just for girls. Do you wear colored shirts? Colored sweaters? Do you buy a car that is neither black nor white?

Heck, I believe in the 900P . . . . I take alot more flak for that than you would ever get by going crimson!

(Why could it not be the color of your favorite sports team, if you need a defendable "manly" reason. . . . . . .?)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/19/2007 at 11:55 AM.
    Why would they be just for girls?? They're not pink!
    Hey Christina, have you not looked at the men's department of any store? Guys are wearing pink to now. But I agree, crimson isn't girly.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
  5.    #5  
    I agree that guys wear color shirts and buy cars of different colors but phones have been traditionally silver or black (guys) except for pink (girls). But now we get colors and for some reason colored phones seem girly i don't know why. Like wallets, guys wallets are traditionally black now if i guy had a red wallet is that girly?
  6.    #6  
    Just wondering how many guys have red phones?
    A lot I'd bet. Think about for a moment more guys are into technology than girls and Treos are no exception to that. There are vastly more guys here on TC than girls. Now Crimson isn't more popular than graphite, but a lot of guys here use crimson/copper/arctic 680s in the corporate world. But what's it matter? Get what you like and to hell with the guys who might make fun of it. If they do kick the crap out of them! In my case I'd run them over with my power wheelchair, but I'm evil like that.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Get what will make you happy, who cares what other people think? But to answer your question, no, colors are not just for girls.
    I have the crimson and have received nothing but "oooh's" and "aaahhh's" from fellow co-workers. Jealousy, not derision.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I painted my Treo 600 enclosure red to match my car. I did not get any guff. I think you will be ok. I think a pink or pastel would be a problem. We equate pink with girls culturally speaking. I think the color selections of red, orange, graphite and white for treo was somewhat strategic in nature. I think those can be considered somewhat gender neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    Hey Christina, have you not looked at the men's department of any store? Guys are wearing pink to now. But I agree, crimson isn't girly.
    Yeah...my daughter is an uber tomboy, but she's started wearing pink because the boys do. I don't care as long as it gets her into something other than Georgia Bulldogs clothes. But I'd have to admit, I'd think it was a little strange if I saw a guy carrying a pink phone. Now, the Crimson, Copper and Arctic are sexy IMO and not just for women.

I think it's manlier to do what you want and to Hell with what others think, than worry about what kind of reaction you'll get from others about your choices...
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperC View Post
    Just wondering how many guys have red phones?

Me!

I wondered at how "manly" Crimson would look too, and how "businesslike" it would be compared to the Graphite.

I have had LOTS of folks (mainly pretty women...which is COOL with me) comment on how sexy and cool the phone is. For that reason alone, I have decided to keep the Crimson.

Just kidding (well...maybe a little)...but I like the Crimson too, a lot.
    If I could have gotten a Treo 700wx in Crimson (or Copper), I would have.

Enough said.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Copper = manly
    Ok, I made that up, but a colored Treo does garner some good attention especially when one wears something orange with it
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Well my 14 yr old son just bought a pink handheld game system, to pass the time at his wrestling meets, I asked him are you nuts, he said nobody will steal a pink one!
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    Well my 14 yr old son just bought a pink handheld game system, to pass the time at his wrestling meets, I asked him are you nuts, he said nobody will steal a pink one!
    A gadget girl would...
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post

Wise beyond his years. . . . . . . .
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Back on topic... I think the crimson is a cool color, plus it happens to be the hot product color, with everything going red, my graphite in the black rubber case is oh so boring. and it's always being mistaken for a BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    I have the crimson and have received nothing but "oooh's" and "aaahhh's" from fellow co-workers. Jealousy, not derision.
    you can get more crimson related stuff at
    http://www.gx-5.com/specials/treo680crimson.htm

I just wich the had one in shiny Black
    I went to a great deal of trouble and paid a premium to get my 680 in crimson. It's a bold metallic red, just like the way not feminine fire engine red sports car I wish I could buy to go with it. It's not the color that matters anyway, even pink, but how you carry it. In fact, if you're worried about looking girly, you'll never be able to tote it with the solid confidence it takes to whip it out in public. So far, I've experienced nothing but ooohs and ahhs.

As for crimson being businesslike, I don't have to care about that, since I'm as non-corporate as it gets.

Jay
    Jay Gross
    TreoCentral writer
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Sprint Treo 650, drowned Sprint Treo 700P, Treo 700w, and a crimson Treo 680 (yeah!), plus a red Centro
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast