Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm still waiting for Pearlized Lilac.

Colors predicted below for the 700P, but as it turns out it was the right rumor, but for the wrong device -- colors were for the delayed 680.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...622#post938622
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/19/2007 at 08:37 PM.
    I must restate a very important ideal...

If pretty, young women "oooh" and "aaah" at how cute and sexy your device is...then you have undoubtedly made the right decision to carry a colored Treo.

Quote Originally Posted by jaygross View Post
    It's not the color that matters anyway, even pink, but how you carry it. In fact, if you're worried about looking girly, you'll never be able to tote it with the solid confidence it takes to whip it out in public.

Jay
    That was my point...women love men that exude confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I'm still waiting for Pearlized Lilac.
    Why is it okay for a man to like lilac/purple and not pink...

Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post

If pretty, young women "oooh" and "aaah" at how cute and sexy your device is...then you have undoubtedly made the right decision to carry a colored Treo.

LOL...I'm glad you went on to clarify you were referring to the Treo
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I'd have killed to get a Crimson, instead get a Copper and have no regrets... like someone said, go with the sports team angle if you want (my fav team is Copper and Blue for team colors)

Break out of the mold of silver or black.. it feels oh so good ;-)
    Treo 600 --> Dell Axim x51v --> Copper 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post

LOL...I'm glad you went on to clarify you were referring to the Treo
    Ummm...I'm confused. What were you thinking?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I got the Artic/White. Can't see how that is girly color. Hell, my car is white!! The Moto Razr Krazr have lots of different colors. Copper also doesn't look fem to me. My Ipod is white!! This line of questioning is making me nervous!! I have had the Artic since Dec. and I have had no comments. I work in an environment that leads to a lot of "busting balls" and if the Artic was sometihg they could make fun of, they would, but haven't. I can't see the Crimson beeing any different. Too dark. This is the longest post I have ever written.......
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    That was my point...women love men that exude confidence.

Why is it okay for a man to like lilac/purple and not pink...
    I have quite a few pink shirts...

I have pink ties...

Pink is the new black.
    Pink is the new black.
    Hell yea!!!
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    Hell yea!!!
    I didn't think whipping out a crimson or copper Treo would be a very "Wall Street" move, so I got the graphite "banker model". Turns out there are more copper and crimson ones at the NYSE than I would have dreamed of. In fact, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone with a colored Treo on the trading floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I didn't think whipping out a crimson or copper Treo would be a very "Wall Street" move, so I got the graphite "banker model". Turns out there are more copper and crimson ones at the NYSE than I would have dreamed of. In fact, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone with a colored Treo on the trading floor.
    Well then that takes all the "prestige" away! Good, I'm glad...I have the plain ol' graphite. Maybe ours will be the rare ones eventually...
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts

my GF's sister did go like that... but it was over my GF's treo, a Copper 680, not my 750v :-(
    Truth be known though...no matter what anybody says, the Graphite 680 does look a little more "professional" than the colored versions IMO. I work for an automobile dealership that specializes in higher-end vehicles, and I am normally in at least a nice dress shirt and tie, if not a suit. The Graphite just looks less BLAM when I pull it out than the Crimson...and it draws less attention paired with dress attire.

I still am waiting on the return labels from Cingular to return the Graphite phone, so I sill have it on my dresser. I keep looking at it, and then my Crimson and am having second thoughts about the Crimson...and it being both my personal and business phone for the next year or so.

So, for me at least, it's not at all about the colors being "girly" or too feminine for a man to carry...it may be more about the appearance of the phone and how it will lend itself to a person's daily life. I really, really like the Crimson...and I would hate to give it up, but.....

Hmmmm...
    The Show Me State, eh?

The Crimson can communicate style, upbeat, modern, forward thinking. . . . . if your clients are in tune with that -- no problem -- even an advantage.

If your clients are more like my bosses at the bank 20 years ago where certain shades of grey were even considered too loud. . . .then maybe the graphite is the better choice.

I would go with the Crimson -- but you have the ultimate knowledge on your clients and market. . .

Cheers, Perry.
    I would think people buying higher-end cars would appreciate the flash. Isn't that why people buy those cars in the first place...for the "WOW" value?
    I would think people buying higher-end cars would appreciate the flash. Isn't that why people buy those cars in the first place...for the "WOW" value?
    Yeah...you're right. In fact, I had a customer already this morning that noticed my Crimson in the Palm belt case I carry it in...and commented on it. I took it out, and she thought it was awesome. In fact, she said she hated her Samsung Blackjack and was looking to exchange it for a Treo. After seeing mine...she decided to trade her BJ this afternoon.

That helped my decision to keep the Crimson. It might even work to my advantage simply because the phone is an eyecatcher and conversation maker. Besides...I like it.

And...call me a pushover, but it didn't hurt one bit that the customer was a female either. She has great taste!!!
    What? No group gets to take over colors, colors are for everybody. A life without color is, to some extent, a life without art (unless you are color blind). Choose the color that makes you feel good!

P.S. No, I haven't read the whole thread, just the first post.
    This seems kind of stale. I've been told that it's not the color of the phone but what you do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    This seems kind of stale. I've been told that it's not the color of the phone but what you do with it.
    Ummhmmm. I heard that too...
    Colour is really irrelevant and this is a very puerile thread,....
    ... although I must say that the crimson ones are best, chuck out the rest.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast