1.    #1  
    I purchased a brand-new condition 700p from a gentleman whose company switched to Blackberry soon after he purchased the phone.

Unfortunately I am having headset-jack problems with the 700p as Palm probably hasn't addressed the design flaws that also disabled my 650 using headset jack regularly.

I don't have a receipt from the seller. What can I do as the phone is clearly under warranty(since the 700p was released in May 2006).

I took the phone to a Verizon store and they won't touch it without receipt even though they have record of original activation date/original owner name. One rep brought out the fine-print and stated technically warranty voided as I am not first person who activated the phone.

I work for a large company and I replaced the standard-issue mobile out of pocket with the Treo for productivity reasons.

I don't want a replacement, just want the headset jack fixed as BT on the Treo is substandard compared to wired. And I don't want to pay Palm $199 for an issue that shld hv been resolved long ago.

Pls. help.
    I'm afraid Verizon has you between a rock and a hard place. . . . unless you are nearing end of contract term and can negotiate with them about the benefit of your paying the $49 a month for data w/ the Treo vs. no data plan on a plain cell phone. . . .

Three options:

1. Volume Care Pro takes care of the Treo "thinking" the jack is inserted and thus muting the mic and regular ear speaker: www.gotreosoftware.com I believe there is a free trial.

2. A forum member does jack replacements cheaper than the $199 at Palm.
    http://treotricks.blogspot.com/2006/...ix-part-1.html

3. Could the seller get it repaired for you?

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    that is bs. do this. go to the store like you want to buy a phone. then say if I sell it to my mom or someone does the warranty follow. I bet they say yes.

I bought on on ebay and they replaced it. waa a 650 same headset problem. verizon shouldn't care its a hardware defect which goes back to palm. call verizon instead and thet will send you a refurb.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    TRY THIS....i experienced the same thing and was able to fix my phone

stick in the headset into the treo and wiggle the jack around a bit...after a 10-15 seconds of "toying" around with it..i was able to get it to work again
    My wife has had two Treo 700p replaced because of jack issues. Under warranty, of course.
    "and if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier..."