1.    #1  
    or 'these' I guess I should say....

My two pet peeves:
    1. When I'm on my treo650 and an incoming call comes in, it continues to 'beep'/ring 3-4 times even after I hit the ignore button. It's a minor deal in the scheme of life's annoyances, but it does cut off the conversation going both ways, and for a platform with so many user friendly features, this one has to have been addressed...if not, can someone else let me know it pisses them off too, i'm thinking of forming a support group.

2. If I make a conference call, or take a second incoming call, there doesn't seem to be a way to hang up on one of the callers once I'm finished with one of them, only the ability to "swap" from one caller to the other or "hang up all" button. Small beans, but heh, now that my teams eliminated from the ncaa's i have to take it out on someone...What am I missing?

Mucho danke in advance for solving one or two of my life mysteries.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevehendu View Post
    or 'these' I guess I should say....

My two pet peeves:
    1. When I'm on my treo650 and an incoming call comes in, it continues to 'beep'/ring 3-4 times even after I hit the ignore button. It's a minor deal in the scheme of life's annoyances, but it does cut off the conversation going both ways, and for a platform with so many user friendly features, this one has to have been addressed...if not, can someone else let me know it pisses them off too, i'm thinking of forming a support group.
    my 650 did not do this. Are you sure you hit the ignore button and not just silence? Which firmware are you using?

2. If I make a conference call, or take a second incoming call, there doesn't seem to be a way to hang up on one of the callers once I'm finished with one of them, only the ability to "swap" from one caller to the other or "hang up all" button. Small beans, but heh, now that my teams eliminated from the ncaa's i have to take it out on someone...What am I missing?
    Is it possible to break the conference call and just have on live call and the other on hold? then you just hang up one of the calls, or switches between calls and hangs up?

I never used conference calling.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    my 650 did not do this. Are you sure you hit the ignore button and not just silence? Which firmware are you using?
    when i'm on the phone, and another call is coming in, the touchscreen provides two buttons "answer" or "ignore"....i press "ignore" and it doesn't seem to take, i would think that when i do this it would roll the call into voicemail, but it doesn't, the call just keeps beeping in my ear, then makes that 3tone beep to let me know the call when into voicemail, and finally a beep to let me know the caller left a voicemail. it's incredibly irritating, and the caller on the current call also is impacted as the call 'drops out' while the beeping is happening. I hope that explains it better, it's trivial but since i'm on the phone all day long it ends up happening 5 times a day...i use whatever the palm os that was preloaded onto the 650, sprint's the carrier. sorry for my ignorance on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    Is it possible to break the conference call and just have on live call and the other on hold? then you just hang up one of the calls, or switches between calls and hangs up?

I never used conference calling.
    there doesn't seem to be any way, in a conference call, or when i have two calls going, to hang up on one caller. the only option is always "hang up all"...it doesn't seem to make sense. i can swap callers, but there will always be one on hold.
    The first problem sounds unique. I have never experienced this. It could either be your carrier or a real problem with the phone that may require a hard reset. The second issue has been discussed be for, and the general consensus is to just switch to the call you want to keep (placing the other on hold) and then letting the person on hold hang up which should disconnect your end too.
    Using any ringtone managers? Some of them tend to ring longer than they should.
  6.    #6  
    thanks to all...no, no ringtone manager's installed.

I kind of thought that this might be a unique issue after all. it just doesn't make sense the way the phone continues to ignore the....ignore command.

thanks again!!!
    Just out of curiosity: These is a setting that disables the screen input while on a call and another that disables it when a call is incoming. Is it possible that the screen is completely disabled? If someone calls and you tap the "answer" button on the screen does it work? What if you use the 5 way pad and the center button to select "ignore" does that work?

Mucho danke in advance for solving one or two of my life mysteries.

Here is something that I downloaded some years ago from somewhere - This worked for a Treo 600 which is what I had then. The need to verify it on a treo 650 hasn't arisen in all the time since I upgraded, so I had actually forgotten that I even had these tips. Give it try - if it doesn't work, you still haven't lost anything anyway

Conference Calling Key Menu

1 - hang up caller
    1n - hang up specfic caller
    eg 11 - hang up 1st caller
    2 - swap callers
    2n - extract from conference
    eg 21 - extract 1st caller from conf
    3 - start/join conference
    Satish Joshi