1.    #1  
    This gentleman has the Garnet OS on his replacement phone:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...98#post1221198

I have: Treo700p-1.06

I was wondering if the newer phone might already have the update etc., to make it function better. If you do have this OS, can you let us know if you have any of the BT, lag issues, etc.
    Garnet? Never heard of it...is this new????
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdldy View Post
    This gentleman has the Garnet OS on his replacement phone:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...98#post1221198

I have: Treo700p-1.06

I was wondering if the newer phone might already have the update etc., to make it function better. If you do have this OS, can you let us know if you have any of the BT, lag issues, etc.

Palm and Access made am agreement this past December . . . . Palm has the rights to use/alter Garnet (that is the name of the current version of the OS) into the future.

The Access Version will be named Garnet OS.
    The future Palm alterations will be named PalmOS.

The refurb does not have a new OS on it -- just the name change to reflect the agreement.

It remains to be seen if we will see a PalmOS version on the 700p in the future -- my bet is that it will be implemented on some future model.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    Garnet? Never heard of it...is this new????
    Howdy pardner
    Yea I just got my replacment less than a week ago and when I go to info it says Garnet v. 5.4.9. But my rom build version is the same as everyone else ver 1108.. Like I also said the screen color is different its darker and richer. When I had my old Treo next to the new one when they were off the new ones screen is a heck of a lot darker in color and when you turn them on the old one was brighter but the new one had more color contrast and richer colors to me.

But no its has nothing new... Still has SMS lock up and I have just given up on all things bluetooth, but I still BT tether at the same speed as the last one. But as for lag at first it was faster but then after a few days and adding my old junk back on the phones were even when I had them side by side. The only thing that the phone had different was the latest PRL update 20226..