View Poll Results: How do you feel about the support Palm has provided for the 700p?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • (Extremely Disatisfied) I'm highly disappointed; I switched away from it and won't buy Palm again.

9 20.45%
  • (Disatisfied) It has turned me off to ever buying a Palm Product again after this 700p in my hand.

28 63.64%
  • (Indifferent) I never needed support from Palm about it, I never noticed anything wrong.

3 6.82%
  • (Satisfied) I find Palm's support of the 700p satisfactory.

2 4.55%
  • (Extremely Satisfied) I don't have any problems at all, Palm's fixed all my issues.

2 4.55%
  1.    #1  
    I know a poll was started about people's satisfaction with the 700p, but I'd like to get an indication of how most people who read these forums feel about the support that has been provided for the 700p's. I'm not talking about support through Sprint or Verizon, I'm talking solely about Palm.
    What about "I'm extremely dissatisfied but I can't see myself using anything other than Palm OS, so I'm stuck with them until the end" as an option?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Not sure how to answer this one.
    The web site is easy to use, informative and has great easy to read articles.
    The paper manual is well written.
    The downloadable (PDF) manual is easy to navigate.
    The built in help (My Treo) tool is a wonderful tool and has helped me greatly. I deem all of this support.
    I've had a few occasions to contact support and they were helpful, professional and thorough.
    However, there are a few issues that they haven't been able to figure out yet.
    Is that due to a lack of, or ineffective, support?
    Or is it due to the fact that they haven't been able to figure out the problem yet?
    Do we know for a fact that they aren't trying...or do we only know that they haven't been able to resolve it yet?
    Scientists have been able to nearly wipe out Polio yet despite billions spent on research, cancer is still a problem. Bad analogy, I know, but is it possible that they are trying but haven't been able to come up with a fix?
    Is that bad support?
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    Not sure how to answer this one.
    The web site is easy to use, informative and has great easy to read articles.
    The paper manual is well written.
    The downloadable (PDF) manual is easy to navigate.
    The built in help (My Treo) tool is a wonderful tool and has helped me greatly. I deem all of this support.
    I've had a few occasions to contact support and they were helpful, professional and thorough.
    However, there are a few issues that they haven't been able to figure out yet.
    Is that due to a lack of, or ineffective, support?
    Or is it due to the fact that they haven't been able to figure out the problem yet?
    Do we know for a fact that they aren't trying...or do we only know that they haven't been able to resolve it yet?
    Scientists have been able to nearly wipe out Polio yet despite billions spent on research, cancer is still a problem. Bad analogy, I know, but is it possible that they are trying but haven't been able to come up with a fix?
    Is that bad support?
    Palm is not Polio and its OS isn't the cancer. So your saying other "scientists" in smartphone land have gotten it right except for Polio Palm with the cancer of random resets. I could understand your point if all manufacturers were having the same problems via hardware or soft. May be Palm just needs to hire new scientists so we can cure this cancer and move on.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I'm not defending them, just wondering if the issues are taking longer to resolve then we would expect. If they said, "end of life and end of support after one year", then that is bad support. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and (patiently) await a fix. Ask me again in a few months and I will probably give you another answer, but for now, I am willing to wait.
    I knew I was giving a bad analogy...
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    I'm not defending them, just wondering if the issues are taking longer to resolve then we would expect. If they said, "end of life and end of support after one year", then that is bad support. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and (patiently) await a fix. Ask me again in a few months and I will probably give you another answer, but for now, I am willing to wait.
    I knew I was giving a bad analogy...
    at&t iPhone3G
    I vote: "I wish Palm would do more, but I've learned to live with the 700P issues because it can do so many things, and I'm tired of people complaining about it."
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    We've been waiting for an update since May !!!! This is unsatisfactory and you bet I will be making Sprint switch me to the 755 (assuming it has the fixes and LAG fixed). And NO, I am not paying a dime since AI already went through 8 650's and now 2 700P's. Wake up Palm !
    I am very happy with my fifth Treo 700p. Looking forward to number six, soon.
    "and if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier..."