Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 160
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by palakdesai View Post
    does anyone else have lags when their phone is in roaming?

    also does anyone else experience a solid 60 second lag when hanging up with *2 with sprint? thanks
    The *2 is not lag... It literally just shuts the phone portion off then back on.. If you call the 1 800 number to get tech support or CS you dont have this problem its something about the computer system when you call *2 that gets your information that messes something up.
  2. Chazzan's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by areyouwishing View Post
    http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad..._from_pal.html

    It's going to be April, then when April comes, it will be May, when May comes, it will be June/iPhone.




    P.S. I probably won't be buying an iPhone even though I am a self proclaimed Apple fanboy.
    April then huh? Wow. I can't believe how long I've been using this $600 piece of junk with out a reasonable stability fix. P A T H E T I C.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas View Post
    I'm not sure if this is related, but does anyone have any experience with other makers devices (like HTC, makers of the 6700 & soon to come 6800) on their firmware upgrades and speed to do so when problems occur?

    I'm just wondering if leaving the Palm platform is going from the known to the unknown as far as problems go.
    To put this in perspective I can share a brief but very positive experience from one company: Motorola.

    Just barely 6 weeks released via Telesales and 3/12 weeks after stores got it, the Motorola Q got a nice little firmware/radio update that addressed some little bugs (network/dialing) and added a couple of features (dial-by-number, clear VM count).

    6 weeks.

    Even I was blown away. Of course, that's already after the Q got a major, major upgrade back in Dec called MOL2 (added features, improved battery life, fixed bugs)--almost exactly 6 months after initial release.

    They're also giving out 512mb mini-sds and headphones for free with free shipping b/c the Sprint box erroneously said the Q came with it. One 5 min phone call fixes that. (That's another thing, you can call Moto and talk to a human about your device very quickly). This is b/c Moto is a massive company, but it shows what could be with enough support.

    So although this helps no one here, it sets the bar for what you should expect from all device makers. Even HTC can do better.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4. tialoc's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Oh, one more thing, do you guys see a whole bunch of gibberish commented out if you view the source on this page?

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/...downloads.html

    What is that?
    Oh, You mean this?

    <!-- Pretzel dummkopf, weiner footzerstompen buerger nicht, gestalt die kaboodle deutsch. Hast mitz an glockenspiel handercloppen undervear. Mitz kaputt biergarten an morgen pukein auf, verboten kaboodle gestalt er frau. Buerger sauerkraut gestalt footzerstompen, ist yodel sparkin nine. Oof lookinpeepers sauerkraut undervear wearin makin thinken der, an lookinpeepers weiner nicht verboten. -->

    I'm no expert but it looks like a developer was having a little fun with a placeholder... There's more further down:

    <!--<LI CLASS="bulletlink"><SPAN CLASS="hdg1"><A HREF="">Content TBDTBDTBD&$lt$;/$A$&$gt$;&$lt$;/$SPAN$&$gt$;&$lt$;$BR$&$gt$;$Stole$ $range$ $cowpoke$ $go$ $yer$ $guzzled$ $kinfolk$, $tools$ $truck$ $mush$. $Yippie$ $catfish$ $marshal$ $coonskin$ $sittin$' $cold$ $yeehaw$ $whoopin$' $skinned$ $sittin$'. $Deep$-$fried$ $darn$ $tonic$ $townfolk$, $trespassin$' $confounded$ $wild$ $cow$ $shot$ $frontporch$ $skinned$ $driveway$ $landlord$.
    <LI CLASS="bulletlink"><SPAN CLASS="hdg1"><A HREF="">Content TBDTBDTBD&$lt$;/$A$&$gt$;&$lt$;/$SPAN$&$gt$;&$lt$;$BR$&$gt$;$Liniment$ $heapin$' $it$, $salesmen$ $hillbilly$ $said$, $jug$, $drunk$, $panhandle$ $pot$. $Pudneer$, $cheatin$' $plumb$, $cipherin$' $skinny$, $cold$ $city$-$slickers$. $And$ $done$ $muster$ $roped$ $greasy$ $plumb$ $hoosegow$ $stew$ $sittin$'. --&$gt$;
    "You can't change people, only your reaction to them"
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    tick, tock, tick, tock...the clock is ticking Palm...

    Frankly, I could care less if Palm employees are on this board. And if they are, they certainly haven't been vocal in the least. In fact, I don't ever remember seeing a post beginning with, "I am a Palm employee and..." If they are here and haven't spoken up, they are just part of the problem.



    SMEGGIE
    Actually I just realized I had it backwards. They get blown if they DO put the update out on time - so their interests are inline. Nobody can ever say you didn't do your part, Smeggie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Oh, one more thing, do you guys see a whole bunch of gibberish commented out if you view the source on this page?

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/...downloads.html

    What is that?
    You mean the jumble of random english words near the bottom?
    Code:
    <!--
    					<LI CLASS="bulletlink"><SPAN CLASS="hdg1"><A HREF="">Content TBDTBDTBD&$lt$;/$A$&$gt$;&$lt$;/$SPAN$&$gt$;&$lt$;$BR$&$gt$;
    					$Stole$ $range$ $cowpoke$ $go$ $yer$ $guzzled$ $kinfolk$, $tools$ $truck$ $mush$. $Yippie$ $catfish$ $marshal$ $coonskin$ $sittin$' $cold$ $yeehaw$ $whoopin$' $skinned$ $sittin$'. $Deep$-$fried$ $darn$ $tonic$ $townfolk$, $trespassin$' $confounded$ $wild$ $cow$ $shot$ $frontporch$ $skinned$ $driveway$ $landlord$.
    					&$lt$;$LI$ $CLASS$=&$quot$;$bulletlink$&$quot$;&$gt$;&$lt$;$SPAN$ $CLASS$=&$quot$;$hdg1$&$quot$;&$gt$;&$lt$;$A$ $HREF$=&$quot$;&$quot$;&$gt$;$Content$ $TBD$&$lt$;/$A$&$gt$;&$lt$;/$SPAN$&$gt$;&$lt$;$BR$&$gt$;
    Hmm, that is very strange.... Reminiscent of the spam where a jumble of english is thrown in to help convince spam filters.
  6. waldo15's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by areyouwishing View Post
    http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad..._from_pal.html

    It's going to be April, then when April comes, it will be May, when May comes, it will be June/iPhone.




    P.S. I probably won't be buying an iPhone even though I am a self proclaimed Apple fanboy.

    Wow. April then... I can clearly remember Steve saying it was going to be Q1, despite what the marketing man said about not giving dates as a rule. April is not Q1. Maybe if they had said first half of the year their asses would be still covered.

    All in all we must face the facts. Palm screwed us big time thanks to the 750/680 combo in the pipeline. I now realize Palm will never be a company that can support multiple devices as a Motorola can... despite the impresive list of devices 650/680/700p/700w/700wx/750 they only are taking care of two (680/750).

    Sad day for us Palm loyals. Our cherised company has turned its back on us.

    Maybe we should do the same...
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    7 business days left....
    ^
    |
    |
    |
    Hey.....

    Could someone paleeaase post pictures of their Treo 700p turning into a pumpkin, or better yet, turning into an iPhone at the end of the firmware expectation expiration date.....

  8. e2chris's Avatar
    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #88  
    The lag is due to the hardware being shared p/wx the column said in Palm addicts. WTF? That doesn't make sense to me. If that is the case then they are admitting a design flaw right?

    At this point... f*ck the update. Give me the new one to be released for pain and suffering. Rat Bastards!
    If I could know then, what I know now.
  9. #89  
    I smell a class action lawsuit for any attorneys out there! We should be able to trade in our 700p's for a 755p or at least offered a substantial amount of credit towards our purchase towards a 755p.
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by palakdesai View Post
    I smell a class action lawsuit for any attorneys out there! We should be able to trade in our 700p's for a 755p or at least offered a substantial amount of credit towards our purchase towards a 755p.
    By the time the lawsuit is settled, the 755p will be obsolete. It would then be the 800p or whatever. So they'd let us trade in our 700p's for their obsolete, buggy 755p's. Great.
  11. #91  
    That's a great point. We'll just have to insist on the 800p for settlement. Maybe we can even get Perry's 900p!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  12. nptski's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #92  
    Let's see, one of the attractive factors in choosing a PDA/phone IS its ability to run 3rd party software. If I can't use the business software that I need, why have the thing? 88% may like the device, I do too but I can't take the lag (short freeze) when I have an important call coming in and the thing will not allow me to answer or it locks up in a swap over.

    I am no expert, but I have owned 600, 650 (best one), and now the 700P and the 700P is a constant struggle. I use 6,000 mins/mo + email, SMS, and limited web. My cell is my primary number and I answer my phone more than most agents do and it is vital to my $40,000,000 +/yr. in real estate sales. Not bragging but describing perspective.

    My guess is there is a deep bug that cannot be fixed and they just won't admit it. Statistcally there seem to be enough people satisfied. It sounds like a buyout is, at a minimum, a very loud rumor and to admit a problem that would trigger thousands of replacement is to take a serious hit to the bottom line. It would affect the stock price.

    Whomever buys this company (if it is even for sale) will inherit the problem or just ignore it as Palm does as the likes of the people on forums that legitimately complain about real issues (it is not whining) are a only small segment who usually will step up to the next model no matter what they say. The problem is serious for me and I am looking very hard at alternatives but new operating systems and likely new inherent device quirks disrupt business and the cost/benefit is questionable.

    The 700 is marginally obnoxious but otherwise good enough that we have hung in. In my opinion, there is no fix, it is too deep a problem and we just aren't enough of a market segment to matter. That is usually not a smart move given early adopters are trend-setters and tend to be geeks that get asked for recommendations and can set a new course for a company. I care a lot because the problem is real and I visit this site everyday hoping to see a fix. I now do not believe it is going to happen, the 755P will be the fix.
    Never underestimate the power of freedom!

    Treo 600, 650, 700P and now 755P.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by nptski View Post
    My guess is there is a deep bug that cannot be fixed and they just won't admit it.
    Agreed on this point, to an extent. This is definitely their plan of action on any of their screw-ups. They are rarely candid regarding what a device's limitations are. However I am still hopeful that the eventual ROM update will at least HELP on some of these issues, similar to the 650's memory and instability problems, but Palm still cannot be forgiven for the way they've ignored us. They know they can, and so they do - not a philosophy that wins much respect.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR View Post
    Agreed on this point, to an extent. This is definitely their plan of action on any of their screw-ups. They are rarely candid regarding what a device's limitations are. However I am still hopeful that the eventual ROM update will at least HELP on some of these issues, similar to the 650's memory and instability problems, but Palm still cannot be forgiven for the way they've ignored us. They know they can, and so they do - not a philosophy that wins much respect.
    I think the problem is mainly HARDWARE and that's why they can't fix it with a software update.
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    I think the problem is mainly HARDWARE and that's why they can't fix it with a software update.

    If Hardware is the problem since they admited as much. (isn't the 680 basically the same hardware?). Will the 755p or sherlock have the same hardware with the design flaw in that unit also. The 680 according to the reports that I have read also has the lag. Maybe "Access" should have the experts in Taiwan design a new Access Palm unit for us. As I see most of the comments on this forum praise the 650 (which they should) And even my friend Perry, your friend Perry also find some fault with our 700p's. It's not the perfect unit by any means. We all have had our growing pains with this unit which is not acceptable. I will try the 755p or Sherlock but I will return it if it has the lag. In return Palm will face a decreasing user base who have made Palm strong! You would think that they would read these forums and take some action rather than a few statements. One user indicated that they should give us a healthly discount on our next Palm. That they should (250 - 300) would be nice but I am dreaming. Jeff, are you out there listening??
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by nptski View Post
    Let's see, one of the attractive factors in choosing a PDA/phone IS its ability to run 3rd party software. If I can't use the business software that I need, why have the thing? 88% may like the device, I do too but I can't take the lag (short freeze) when I have an important call coming in and the thing will not allow me to answer or it locks up in a swap over.

    I am no expert, but I have owned 600, 650 (best one), and now the 700P and the 700P is a constant struggle. I use 6,000 mins/mo + email, SMS, and limited web. My cell is my primary number and I answer my phone more than most agents do and it is vital to my $40,000,000 +/yr. in real estate sales. Not bragging but describing perspective.

    My guess is there is a deep bug that cannot be fixed and they just won't admit it. Statistcally there seem to be enough people satisfied. It sounds like a buyout is, at a minimum, a very loud rumor and to admit a problem that would trigger thousands of replacement is to take a serious hit to the bottom line. It would affect the stock price.

    Whomever buys this company (if it is even for sale) will inherit the problem or just ignore it as Palm does as the likes of the people on forums that legitimately complain about real issues (it is not whining) are a only small segment who usually will step up to the next model no matter what they say. The problem is serious for me and I am looking very hard at alternatives but new operating systems and likely new inherent device quirks disrupt business and the cost/benefit is questionable.

    The 700 is marginally obnoxious but otherwise good enough that we have hung in. In my opinion, there is no fix, it is too deep a problem and we just aren't enough of a market segment to matter. That is usually not a smart move given early adopters are trend-setters and tend to be geeks that get asked for recommendations and can set a new course for a company. I care a lot because the problem is real and I visit this site everyday hoping to see a fix. I now do not believe it is going to happen, the 755P will be the fix.


    How How sure are you that the 755 will solve the problem???? I am myself not optimistic!
  17. #97  
    Between Sinclair's letter & talking to him on the phone, it is a hardware problem from cross developing it for WM & POS. They have learned from it and are applying that knowledge to design of future Treos. So one would think it should be eliminated in the 755p.

    If problems are prevalent.... I don't think we get fooled again into thinking that Palm will quickly address problems. I am trying to consider what the impact would be if every early adopter on this site buys a new 755 and returns it. They can't sell any of those phones as new again and I'm sure the carrier would not be pleased either.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by nptski View Post
    My guess is there is a deep bug that cannot be fixed and they just won't admit it. Statistcally there seem to be enough people satisfied. It sounds like a buyout is, at a minimum, a very loud rumor and to admit a problem that would trigger thousands of replacement is to take a serious hit to the bottom line. It would affect the stock price.

    Whomever buys this company (if it is even for sale) will inherit the problem or just ignore it as Palm does as the likes of the people on forums that legitimately complain about real issues (it is not whining) are a only small segment who usually will step up to the next model no matter what they say. The problem is serious for me and I am looking very hard at alternatives but new operating systems and likely new inherent device quirks disrupt business and the cost/benefit is questionable.
    If this is the case, which had crossed my mind before you even posted it, then what we all need to do.. and I mean DO.. not just say we're going to do it (sound familiar)... is whomever buys Palm (if it happens), we need to all be commited to NOT BUY any communications product from that company to replace our Treo 700p. I have a feeling that if they know they're going to loose the customers because of Palm's lack of support (unless they, the buyers, themselves fix the 700p), then chances are they're either not going to buy Palm, or they're going to fix the problem(s) that we've all outlined. At least we can all hope for that outcome.

    The power users are the ones that upgrade at full retail and use the phones to death. If they aren't kept happy, then noise is made. And companies don't like Noise. At least not companies that care about their reputation, which it is blatently obvious that Palm does not care about their reputation.

    So, is anyone willing and ready to make the stand that I've proposed? Strike against Palm and whomever buys it until the 700p is fixed?
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us
  19. #99  
    I won't be replacing my 700p anytime soon. And certainly wouldn't consider a future treo at this point..not when they failed to release any updates for the 700p.

    <<<Palm Install Tool and Palm Quick Install are not compatible with Windows Vista at this time.

    This page shows you some workarounds for installing Palm OS files on your device.

    Some software uses an executable installer to transfer the Palm OS file to your device. If the installer file has an extension of .exe (such as "setup.exe"), you won't be able to install it from a Windows Vista machine.
    >>>

    They can't even post an update for Vista. Sure, there's other methods, but make it simple.
  20. #100  
    Is the incompability just with 64 bit Vista or also 32 bit? I could see 64 bit as an issue but there is no reason for 32. Microsoft made Vista available in beta for most of 2006 so that companies like Palm could update their software well in advance. If Palm does not have an update for hotsync then it is either because they did not bother to work on it or procrasticated for far too much of 2006.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions