Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. JJL
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    I'm so confident that Palm WON'T come through with a fix, I'm gonna let my girlfriend blow the entire board IF it happens...within Merlyn's 9 business days.

Stay tuned...

SMEGGIE
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    I'm so confident that Palm WON'T come through with a fix, I'm gonna let my girlfriend blow the entire board IF it happens...within Merlyn's 9 business days.

Stay tuned...

SMEGGIE
    You know there are Palm employees on this board, thus you've created a conflict of interest. Considering our current update situation it seems apparent that the administrative clowns over at Palm have compromised themselves for less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Well....Palm has disappointed many of us 700p owners with lack of support or any sort of maintenance release for the 700p. Heck, call up their tech support even now and they know NOTHING about a firmware update or even any of the many persisting bugs with the device. The device is almost at 1 year now, and about to be discontinued. The only bit of communication we got indicated we would indeed get a firmware update by the end of Q1 2007. That's exactly March 31, 2007, which falls on a Saturday.

Palm has exactly 2 weeks, that's 10 business days, to release a firmware update to fix all the aforementioned issues with the 700p on this forum and in the letter to Palm from all of us.

At this point, though, even with a firmware update, and even assuming it fixes every issue we have with the device (which is overly optimistic), it would take a lot.....A LOT.....for me to spend this much money on any Palm device ever again simply due to the lack of support and the effort we had to put forth to even get a peep about these problems out of this company. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

On that topic, Bob-C, have you had any other communication with Steve Sinclair recently?
    I dont think they could ever make you happy from what you wrote, so what should they try. Or more why do you. Find what you want and enjoy your life.
    Firmware rating (if released):

Single: BT fixed
    Double: BT and audio skipping fixed
    Triple: BT, audio skipping, and SMS fixed
    Home Run: BT, audio skipping, SMS, and lag issues fixed
    Grand Slam: BT, audio skipping, SMS, and lag issues fixed. VersaChatter in ROM!
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by brad1445 View Post
    I dont think they could ever make you happy from what you wrote, so what should they try. Or more why do you. Find what you want and enjoy your life.
    They could make me happy by giving me the product I paid for and providing the support I paid for. Let me make this abundantly clear. I am a happy and generally upbeat person. I enjoy my life quite a bit, and I know where my priorities lie.

That said, if this was a $50-$200 phone, I wouldn't really bother. I would probably just move to a different phone. However, I dropped a sizeable amount of money on this phone, and it retails for $649 plus tax. It has numerous bugs and functionality issues that haven't been fixed for the better part of a year now, and because of that I feel cheated. It's not just the money, or that I'd have to take a loss on this phone to sell it off and buy a competitor's replacement to it, it's the fact that I never actually got what I paid for when I bought the 700p. Case in point, bluetooth is STILL not functioning properly, to the point where it resets the phone on some incoming calls.

I don't like to be cheated, and I don't like to not get what I paid for. If I order the filet mignon at a steakhouse and the waiter gives me london broil, I'm not going to just keep quiet. I worked hard for the money I spent, and I want to get what was promised to me by spending it, and I'm sure many of the others here feel the same way.

It's not solely the money, in fact, that's a small issue for me now. Right now, it's the principle of it that irks me. I cannot believe that the company would do what they do and say what they say to their power users and loyalists, and still leave the phone so unsupported. Call their customer support RIGHT NOW. Ask them why your bluetooth headset (one that's even on the compatibility list) will disconnect sometimes, reset the phone at others, etc etc. Talking to their technical support is absolutely useless. Getting some sort of acknowledgment about the phone's problems is such an arduous task, and getting them to fix it is even worse. Sure we got a response from Steve Sinclair, but has he kept that channel of communication open? Nope. Palm pretty much let it blow over, and now we can see that letter for what it really was, something to pacify us for a couple of months without actually strictly adhering to any sort of commitment to fix a problem or release an update. Only "we will try this" and "we hope to have that by this time", and just about the most solid thing we got was that we should have an update by the end of Q1 2007.

What I still don't understand is the number of replies in this thread that are in agreement about the disappointment with Palm greatly outnumber the couple that criticize me for even posting it, but some people still don't understand why I post this.

The simple answer is this. If we don't keep saying what has already been said, it will probably be forgotten. It just seems like everybody's either switched to a blackberry or completely forgotten about the support we're trying to pry out of Palm, and it was only when we brought a lot of attention to these problems and this clear lack of communication that we actually got some sort of response.

8 business days left.....

and btw, if any Palm employees are monitoring these forums, I would like to invite them to contact me if they want feedback from one of their disappointed customers. My email address is in my profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by brad1445 View Post
    HUHHH???
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Or what?? You'll continue to whine like a two year old? Your issues are being addressed... in a linux version of Palm. Your postings have gotten quite annoying to the VAST MAJORITY of users who have their devices working properly. I'm a power user and I have very few problems with mine. And the problems that I due have or due to 3rd Party applications. That's not Palm my friend.

Enough with your whining. Sell your Treo and let the rest of us use ours in peace.
    dude. you are clueless.

a linux version isn't bringing back the $400+ each person here spent on this phone. in fact it isn't bringing anything bc most of the people in this forum will never buy another palm product again.

his postings are annoying? YOU my friend are annoying. why are you here if it's annoying?

you're a power user? you must mean you took the phone out of the box and configured VersaMail, right? you certainly don't use this phone to maintain your business. if you did you wouldn't be *****ing about a post about some VERY prevelent issues with the phone.

YOU are the whiner. and if you can't use your Treo in peace bc someone here has a complaint about the device, go see a counselor buddy. you need some guidence.

peace.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The scope of our discomfort does not extend to our personal lives... yes the Treo is nice but heck, one can clearly draw the line...

Anyhow, Merlyn_3D puts it in a very good context. He also gives a prime example of what the issue is all about. We spent money on this thing, a sizeable amount of dollars. And is not only hardware, is software plus accessories plus whatnots... It is a basic matter of customer support.

I put down that amount of money truly believing that there was support behind the phone, support from Verizon as well as from Palm. Yes, naive to think Verizon will solve any problem but heck, what can you do. But Palm? I was the happiest of customers with the 600, and I so hoped to experience the same with the 700p. It is just not acceptable to buy a product that promises so much and delivers just a portion of the total experience... well, perhaps is more like a crippled experience.

If the phone had been given to me for free... perhaps I could understand it not complaining about it, but heck! I am not to be giving away these hard-earned dollars to companies that deliver half-assed products! And I would certainly be in the front talking to others to avoid making such mistakes. This is not fanboyism, it is from a very basic shopper point of view.

I have high esteem for Palm, but if the ROM keeps slipping or does not properly patches the problems at hand... there goes my confidence in the company and of couse my bussiness will go elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack View Post
    dude. you are clueless.

a linux version isn't bringing back the $400+ each person here spent on this phone. in fact it isn't bringing anything bc most of the people in this forum will never buy another palm product again.

his postings are annoying? YOU my friend are annoying. why are you here if it's annoying?

you're a power user? you must mean you took the phone out of the box and configured VersaMail, right? you certainly don't use this phone to maintain your business. if you did you wouldn't be *****ing about a post about some VERY prevelent issues with the phone.

YOU are the whiner. and if you can't use your Treo in peace bc someone here has a complaint about the device, go see a counselor buddy. you need some guidence.

peace.
  10.    #70  
    Oh, one more thing, do you guys see a whole bunch of gibberish commented out if you view the source on this page?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/...downloads.html

What is that?
    i'd recommend a class action lawsuit against palm but they have NO CLASS!!!!
    Well my treo went on the fritz tonight and I called sprint tech support to get the MSID to do a hard reset.. Anyways I asked about an update and the tech asked how I knew about it then after I told him it was in a release from the Palm company an update will be out at the end of this quarter he replied "yea I just read something about it let me get you the estimated date it will be out, it should be out quite soon... (Then he put my on hold)... Came back and said he just looked it up and said it has no date of release posted and that he swore it had an estimated time but it no longer lists it.. "
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR View Post
    You know there are Palm employees on this board, thus you've created a conflict of interest. Considering our current update situation it seems apparent that the administrative clowns over at Palm have compromised themselves for less.
    tick, tock, tick, tock...the clock is ticking Palm...

Frankly, I could care less if Palm employees are on this board. And if they are, they certainly haven't been vocal in the least. In fact, I don't ever remember seeing a post beginning with, "I am a Palm employee and..." If they are here and haven't spoken up, they are just part of the problem.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    8 business days left.....
    didn't i see on another thread that palm is now saying the rom update is slated for april?
    Excuse me if this has been discussed before, but what does Palm really mean when they say an update will be "released" in "1st Q 2007" do they mean to the carriers or consumers? If the update is releasedby the end of March to the carriers and then tested for another month or so by the carriers, then will this constitute Palm keeping their word, even if we don't see it March 31? I really want this update, but can't help but think something like this might postpone it, anyone care to chime in? thanks.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  16.    #76  
    7 business days left....
    does anyone else have lags when their phone is in roaming?

also does anyone else experience a solid 60 second lag when hanging up with *2 with sprint? thanks
    7 business days left....
    again... the latest i see from palm is april, not march. bob's update yesterday stated this on his thread tracker.

Beginning of 3-20-07 Update

ROM Update Still on Track for April Release
    - According to PalmAddicts, a Palm executive has confirmed that the ROM Update is still on schedule to be released in April with the features Steve Sinclair described. The most interesting part of the article is that the author pointed out to both Palm, and the carriers, that they are pointing at each other as to who is holding the release up. The ball ended in the carrier's court who said that they would have to get executive approval to comment, on Palm's comment, about them holding up the release. Follow the ball closely as I shuffle these cups around folks! Read the article here.
    Would love to read the article. Can you please provide a link.

Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt View Post
    again... the latest i see from palm is april, not march. bob's update yesterday stated this on his thread tracker.

Beginning of 3-20-07 Update

ROM Update Still on Track for April Release
    - According to PalmAddicts, a Palm executive has confirmed that the ROM Update is still on schedule to be released in April with the features Steve Sinclair described. The most interesting part of the article is that the author pointed out to both Palm, and the carriers, that they are pointing at each other as to who is holding the release up. The ball ended in the carrier's court who said that they would have to get executive approval to comment, on Palm's comment, about them holding up the release. Follow the ball closely as I shuffle these cups around folks! Read the article here.
    http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad..._from_pal.html

It's going to be April, then when April comes, it will be May, when May comes, it will be June/iPhone.

P.S. I probably won't be buying an iPhone even though I am a self proclaimed Apple fanboy.
    Last edited by areyouwishing; 03/22/2007 at 01:34 PM. Reason: added PS remark
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast