Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Hey.....

Has anyone considered contacting Michael Moore about making a Victim of Palm Movie?.....

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Hey.....

Has anyone considered contacting Michael Moore about making a Victim of Palm Movie?.....

Yeah, I sent him a mail bomb about it this morning.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

"Hey.....
    Has anyone considered contacting Michael Moore about making a Victim of Palm Movie?....."

He wouldn't do it. It's reality
    I talked to a bunch of Palm reps today at bainshare about some issues. It's amazing how little they know about the devices they sell. I mean, they have 5 devices as far as I'm concerned. 700p, 700wx, 750, 680, and the 650.

I told them about the issue where they call wildcard certs invalid, the SMS lockup issue, all 3 guys I talked to didn't know a thing about anything. All they said was, "we would love to come out with an update, its all a matter of the carriers" it seemed like the guy barely knew what a 700p was. "Huh, CDMA? Treo? 700p?" Just lots of "Uh, Uh, Uh, Uh, something is coming out, but I can't talk about it."

Then I went to the blackberry booth. That guy specifically told me, "if you want to know more about the devices you are asking me about (the cyclone, 8300, etc.) you should talk to your rep and see if you can get under an NDA."

There is a race to replace my 700p between blackberry, Palm, and Apple.

Whoever can give me Tethering, EVDO (or EDGE even), Camera, and Exchange support in a crashless package will have my dollars for life.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by areyouwishing View Post
    Whoever can give me Tethering, EVDO (or EDGE even), Camera, and Exchange support in a crashless package will have my dollars for life.
    The 700P does everything you asked for...that is, until you specified 'crashless package'.

SMEGGIE
    Last edited by SMEGGIE; 03/20/2007 at 03:32 AM.
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    I am sending my 700p back. I changed to a 700wx and couldnt get used to windows. So I switched to a 700p. I love the phone but it does have alot of problems. I cant stand the blue tooth not working. Also the first week or 2 it worked fine. Now I am starting to get echoing and losing network signal alot. Also when I get a call waiting and click over it does a soft reset.

So I guess I will go back to my 650 and wait for the new sherlock to come out in may.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    It's not just the typical customer they're mistreating either. They have openly (in the letter) disregarded and disrespected their loyal power user fanbase. That is yet another factor that has pissed a lot of us on TC off.

Oh so so True, they still owe you a new phone, did they ever compensate you for the Treo 700p that they came knocking on your door for when we were all so excited. They really do need to choose say 50 or so loyal TC users for beta testers; and really test out their next release and pay attention to the power users. If the lag is fixed on the 755 or Sherlock, I will pay my $649 again. But I myself like Perry do want the Palm 900 or whatever that runs linux. How soon will that appear? Could it be by Christmas? Then we have to shell out again and give our old phones to our spouse or kids.
    Appreciate your posts Merlyn!
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Oh so so True, they still owe you a new phone, did they ever compensate you for the Treo 700p that they came knocking on your door for when we were all so excited. They really do need to choose say 50 or so loyal TC users for beta testers; and really test out their next release and pay attention to the power users. If the lag is fixed on the 755 or Sherlock, I will pay my $649 again. But I myself like Perry do want the Palm 900 or whatever that runs linux. How soon will that appear? Could it be by Christmas? Then we have to shell out again and give our old phones to our spouse or kids.
    Appreciate your posts Merlyn!
    Thanks for the post! And no, they never compensated me or anything. I fully cooperated with them and tried to help them out as much as I could, and they did nothing. They didn't even have any further communication with me. I basically paid full price twice for this (what I now think is an) unsupported POS.

9 business days left in Q1...
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Your postings have gotten quite annoying to the VAST MAJORITY of users who have their devices working properly.
    If this is true Einstein, why is it you continue to read them?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm so confident that Palm WON'T come through with a fix, I'm gonna let my girlfriend blow the entire board IF it happens...within Merlyn's 9 business days.

Stay tuned...

SMEGGIE
    Last edited by SMEGGIE; 03/20/2007 at 04:24 AM.
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    to the poster that said that us whiners are the minority on this board, keep in mind the number of treos sold worldwide last quarter & then compare it to how many registered users are here on TC. Also many of those registered users may no longer be active members & no longer have treos. my point is there are MANY other treo users out there who are not even a member of this community. The problems with treos started when palm bought it (treo 600). Funny I was contacted a few years ago about a class action against palm - I got a lot of heat for it on this forum. I decided to opt against it because my name would be published & it might hurt my "career". Anyone up for a class action now?? BTW, I am waiting for the google phone!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    yeah to the dude who said we are whiners... please... if you don't think this phone is crippled then hats off to you. I have worked for many software companies and we are always patching things because of problems. I dontt know any product that doesn't get a update. nothing is perfect out the door. but I get the feeling I have been ignored this whole time. you probably think Vista is perfect. Sorry sherlock but it will have updates as well.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    lets go PALM! PIctures please

Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    I'm so confident that Palm WON'T come through with a fix, I'm gonna let my girlfriend blow the entire board IF it happens...within Merlyn's 9 business days.

Stay tuned...

SMEGGIE
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post

Stay tuned...

SMEGGIE
    Don't get too excited guys, she's not all that.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Or what?? You'll continue to whine like a two year old? Your issues are being addressed... in a linux version of Palm. Your postings have gotten quite annoying to the VAST MAJORITY of users who have their devices working properly. I'm a power user and I have very few problems with mine. And the problems that I due have or due to 3rd Party applications. That's not Palm my friend.

Enough with your whining. Sell your Treo and let the rest of us use ours in peace.
    just because you're not experiencing any issues does not mean any of us aren't.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lndshrk View Post
    The purchase price of the device is actually small compared to the
    contract I almost lost (6 figures) because Palm's bluetooth stack is
    "unfit for ANY particular purpose" (to use the legal vernacular).

Customer calls as planned - bluetooth stack resets phone and you have
    no record of a missed call, no notification of the call, no nothing. Luckily
    I forced a call to VM and found a message in there. Customer relationship
    saved with no thanks to the fine people at Palm or Sprint.

As to "akula34" if/when you conduct serious business on your phone you'll run
    square into the problems everyone else does. The bluetooth "reboots" are
    the killer for me. For others, the SMS hangs and wierdness.
    Here here!

I've lost MANY a call (and pissed off several clients) to the random reboot - before I was even able to see who it was!

Unfortunately, most of those don't go to voicemail for me, so I'm pretty much left HOPING that the person calls me back. I've started trying to convince people to call me through my office pbx - because IT is smart enough to recall the phone call to its own voicemail system if no one answers the call... and then it emails me the vm.
    who else has stared at their phone in disbelief when an important call is coming in...however, the phone is sooo sloww and buggy that you can't even answer the call!!!?
    I found that NEVER dialing *2 has fixed all my BT issues. Not one BT crash in over 3 weeks. No more disconnection issues, either, like when a call comes in and you try to answer it on your headset only to find your BT is not paired or is paired but the sound is coming through the treo's speaker (or not at all)!

I am using a Motorola H300 headset.
    I am also using Salling Clicker to connect to my PC and remotely control the PC over the phone's and computer's BT.

Don't dial *2. Instead, use 888-211-4727 or 866-818-1944. (Note: you cannot receive SMS and Call Waiting, and Voicemail notifications when you dial *2, but you can with the toll-free numbers!)

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    After reading the rest of your posts... I recommend you switching to Cingular when the IPhone come out. You seem like someone who could use an *****-proof device.
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    "Hey.....
    Has anyone considered contacting Michael Moore about making a Victim of Palm Movie?....."

He wouldn't do it. It's reality
    LOL
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast