Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I sold my Treo 700p and got a Motorola Q. No problems whatsoever, BT works fine with my car. Would never ever get another Palm
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by lndshrk View Post
    Merlyn,

The purchase price of the device is actually small compared to the
    contract I almost lost (6 figures) because Palm's bluetooth stack is
    "unfit for ANY particular purpose" (to use the legal vernacular).

Customer calls as planned - bluetooth stack resets phone and you have
    no record of a missed call, no notification of the call, no nothing. Luckily
    I forced a call to VM and found a message in there. Customer relationship
    saved with no thanks to the fine people at Palm or Sprint.

As to "akula34" if/when you conduct serious business on your phone you'll run
    square into the problems everyone else does. The bluetooth "reboots" are
    the killer for me. For others, the SMS hangs and wierdness.

Jim
    Thank you for mentioning this. I have experienced these resets too, and I cannot believe Palm STILL has done nothing about this. For god sake, the phone reboots on an incoming call and you have no idea who called unless they leave a voicemail. This is a BIG issue if you use your phone for ANY sort of business.
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    SMS lockup issue? No... never experienced it that I can remember.

Do you have a problem with the Lag?? It was my assumption that all (almost all) had problems with the lag on the 700P. Even the report last week Palm mentioned that the it was the inherent hardware design that is responsible for the lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Okay, let's all take a deep breath.

Merlyn and others have legitimate issues that have been put forth.

On the other hand -- it's not March 31st yet.

I am taking the wait and see approach to see WHEN and WHAT the patch does accomplish.

Cheers, Perry.

Hi Perry,

Thanks for maintaining a calm approach.
    OP, haha I have already jump ship. I just got a Sony M600.

Just FYI the UIQ/Symbian third party support is really as bad as I thought it would be. But I m fine with the build in apps so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Do you have a problem with the Lag?? It was my assumption that all (almost all) had problems with the lag on the 700P. Even the report last week Palm mentioned that the it was the inherent hardware design that is responsible for the lag.
    You have to define lag... Some people complain saying it takes 20-30 seconds to open blazer... On my 3 total 700p's its never taken more than 5 seconds to open blazer, versa mail on the other hand takes a good 5-10 seconds and is the slowest opening application, but you find people saying it takes again 20-30 seconds or more.. For me changing to the phone application I use my stop watch and it takes about 2 seconds from home screen, the longest part is waiting for the sprint logo to appear in the upper left corner and having the phone ready to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Thanks Perry, I'm not sure Akula34 is understanding is what the rest of us who are disappointed with Palm have pieced together. We pretty much all agree that a device whose retail value is $649 + tax (making it one of the most expensive phones on the market) should have much MUCH stronger support than what Palm has given us. It is a little over 9 months into the product's life cycle and as I said, Palm's technical support still doesn't acknowledge any of the outstanding issues or known bugs with it. It shocks me, it really does, that a company can get away with this kind of lack of support to its users, and it seems like every week I see 2-3 threads from users who've decided to finally give up on Palm forever and get a Blackberry or WM5 device.

$649 + tax, what else can that buy?
    • 60GB PS3
    • two Nintendo Wiis (which, btw, have only been out for 3-4 months and have seen something like 4 software updates not only fixing any bugs, but adding more features)
    • Mac Mini (and we all know how great Apple's support is, just walk into any apple store to get it, probably a big factor in why the iPhone will do well)
    • six of those Jabra JX-10 headsets (which btw, have had a software update to enhance the DSP functionality of the headset, not to mention I had to pay nearly $100 just to buy one of these so I would have a working BT headset with the 700p, that ups my total cost to $749 + tax retail on a 700p
    • two samsung A900m's at retail, which have seen something like 4-5 software updates to fix various bugs and improve UI speed
    • 6700 which has seen 2 (or 3?) software updated to again improve UI speed and fix bugs, AND add functionality (smart dialer, voice dialing)
    • iPhone, which if my past experience with Apple is any indication, will have excellent support backing it up.

I'm sure there are many others but the point here is that a device that's $649 + tax, especially in the phone category, should either come working perfectly out of the box, with no outstanding issues, or should be supported far better than what it is.
    Palm why don't you try treating your customer like human beings instead of cattle. I want to be loyal to Palm but, Palm's lack of support makes it harder and harder each day. I wish they would have told us the limitations to there device before I shelled out good money on this device.

Don't you guys test you crap before it goes out to the market. If you do then you need to fire those lazy son of a guns and hire people who know how to throughly test your products. It is embrasing when your phone reset 5 times in 5 minutes and you have to call your client back 5 times.

Come on Palm and love your customer before we start hating your guts.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
    Palm why don't you try treating your customer like human beings instead of cattle. I want to be loyal to Palm but, Palm's lack of support makes it harder and harder each day. I wish they would have told us the limitations to there device before I shelled out good money on this device.

Don't you guys test you crap before it goes out to the market. If you do then you need to fire those lazy son of a guns and hire people who know how to throughly test your products. It is embrasing when your phone reset 5 times in 5 minutes and you have to call your client back 5 times.

Come on Palm and love your customer before we start hating your guts.
    It's not just the typical customer they're mistreating either. They have openly (in the letter) disregarded and disrespected their loyal power user fanbase. That is yet another factor that has pissed a lot of us on TC off.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    tick tock palm... although we can't blame palm for verizon/sprint playing with the update... but I will ***** about it anyway if its not out by the end of the month.

On another note I was looking at the berry 8800. Good looking phone and the interface was decent. I am not big on the scroll wheel but 10minutes isn't really a fair assumption.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    You think it's time for Palm to develop some 'nads with the carriers? Palm (and other manufacturers)? After all, if the Treo fails it is Palm, not Verizon, who will look bad. In addition to their responsibility to continue testing after release, and to immediately address issues (sorely lacking now), they should tell the carriers (NOT ASK) that... we have an issue with xyz. We've developed a fix in an update we have thoughoughly tested internally, including on your system. We are releasing this update in 2 weeks, with or without your cooperation. You have that amount of time to do your own testing, so we can release the fix as "Approved for Verizon", or we will release it to the people as an "Unofficial Update, your milage may vary". Either way, it gets releasesd in 14 days. Comprende? Get testing Verizon, the clock is ticking.

Sure they risk ticking off the carriers, but if every manufactuter did this-
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    <<Palm to develop some 'nads with the carriers>>

I'm sorry... what was I thinking? I must have been joking, or I plead temporary insanity.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I feel the pain of all power Treo users... I mean, no other folk would get this worked up when the "deadline" is approaching. But matter of fact is, the problems exist! Not to go pick up fights in here, but anyone can clearly see Palm acknowledging the somewhat seriousness of the 700p BT stack if one reads the response letter posted in Treocentral. About lags and other issues, well the experiences differ among users...

But yes, 10 days before Q1 is over.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    I feel the pain of all power Treo users... I mean, no other folk would get this worked up when the "deadline" is approaching. But matter of fact is, the problems exist! Not to go pick up fights in here, but anyone can clearly see Palm acknowledging the somewhat seriousness of the 700p BT stack if one reads the response letter posted in Treocentral. About lags and other issues, well the experiences differ among users...

But yes, 10 days before Q1 is over.
    But this begs the point, why did we have to pool together and write a d@mn letter 6 months or so after the release to the CEO of the company? Why should we even have to do this for a $649 device? And finally, if we hadn't tried SO HARD to get a peep out of Palm, would we have ever seen the possibility of an update?

Seriously, what other telecommunication's company is this hard to communicate with?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    there was a update in the prior to the stupid letter... please. The letter is asking for more communication from palm. why this update took so long? wishful thinking is they have done a lot of $hit. but something tells me they have a small group of developers on it and they are working on the next unit. Simply said the 700 was a lost cause.
    I'm through with Palm as soon as I find something else I like better. New toys coming out this Spring... I'm probably going to the dark side, WM (gasp).

I've been loyal since the 270. It's been a blast Palm, but you no longer wow me.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Count me as a departing loyalist in the future, no matter what they do. HTC products seem to be a LOT more in-tune with customer wants.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I would rather go blackberry over windows. windows has 3rd party applications. is there 3rd party apps for the berrys?
    I've been disappointed not only by Palm's lack of service, but by simple problems my 700p is now having in simply being a phone.

I'm a serious power user, I've purchased easily $900 in software, books, accessories, etc for the phone. And I'm seriously waiting to see how Apple's iPhone looks (as far as functionality, etc) when it comes out. I'm one of those guys who, while not rich, would rather pay the extra buck for serious functionality and SERVICE.

And I'm seriously tired of Palm acting like Microsoft, in their arrogance.

The one thing that might keep me would be if they release a patch that allows the new linux OS to run on my 700p. I'd probably stay for that. Otherwise I'll probably take my cell number to Cingular and iPhone.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I agree phone ability is the first but switching to cingular would cripple the phone ability. Love the iphone... but it being Edge? wtf. and again rather have it on verizon.
    << Seriously, what other telecommunication's company is this hard to communicate with?>>

Ironically... I remember when I handled the AT&T bills at work... they had a website but no phone number on the bill in case you wanted to talk to a real person about your account. A phone company without a phone number, how wierd.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast