1.    #1  
    I'm considering upgrading to a 680. I have an extended battery for my 650, would it be compatible with a 680? Thanks in advance.
    Yes and no.

Yes, the 650 battery will work in your 680, but you will of course need a much larger battery cover (unless you are happy to use some electrical tape or an elastic band) to hold it in place.

No, in that every so often, your Treo will suddenly go from a full battery to an "empty" one, with a message that "YOUR BATTERY IS EXTREMELY LOW". If you don't address this by taking out the battery and putting it back in, there is a chance that it will power itself off.

The above reason is why quite a few people have been buying "extended" or "high capacity" batteries for the 680, which come with a custom-made oversized battery cover.

The problem, however, is that even these commercial "high capacity" batteries for the 680 can exhibit the problem cited above. I bought one of the SEIDIO ones, and have the above problem about twice a day. For more information, see: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=132229&page=8

Do note that the above issue with the SEIDIO battery seems to be luck-related. Some seem to have no problems with it.

You can also check out the ones made by others, such as Boxwave.

T
    I am also having the same issue with the Seidio extended battery.
    Jimmie Geddes