Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yup, an alternative notepad for treo 680 since it has'nt got one and i just luv this on the Z72. In notepad i scribble of things and thoughts that i need to remind myself later so any ideas on what to get!
    This is what I'm using on my 680...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=Notepad
    You should be able to copy the NotePad files from your Z72 over to the Treo. You need CompressionPng.prc, CompressionZlib.prc, NotePad.prc and NotePad_enUS.prc.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
  4.    #4  
    wow that was fast. also i never thought i was the only one needing notepad! Extracting those files shouldnt be a problem but is that all the files i need? Just why on earth did palm deleted Notepad i dont understand!
    Those are the 4 files I used.

As to why, maybe because drawing is stylus centric as opposed to keyboard centric. Which, to my mind anyway, is beside the point because the Treo does have a stylus.

Bob
    Dude,

While you're struggling with it, go ahead and upgrade. Get Diddlebug for free. It is far superior in real world usage. Much more intuitive.

Without Diddlebug or other note writing app, I would be paralyzed. This has got to be one of the most important tools on my 680/650/T3/m505/IIIe etc. One of the main reasons that Win Smartfone and other non-touchscreen devices are not even considered for me.
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by nautilus View Post
    wow that was fast. also i never thought i was the only one needing notepad! Extracting those files shouldnt be a problem but is that all the files i need? Just why on earth did palm deleted Notepad i dont understand!
    For anyone else needing Notepad that doesn't have another Palm to extract the Notepad files from, the four files in the .zip Jesse attached in the link that I posted are the four files bobbd mentioned.
    Hmmm.

When I discovered the lack of Notepad on my 680, I beamed over Notepad from my TX - but I never included the Compression files. I get what those file names imply, but what exactly is the benefit of them? In the long run, do these files eat up more memory than they save?

Meanwhile, I've heard good things about Diddlebug, but its really more software than I need for the task.
    As I recall, without the compression files, I couldn't get Notepad to run. Could you?

Bob
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbd View Post
    You should be able to copy the NotePad files from your Z72 over to the Treo. You need CompressionPng.prc, CompressionZlib.prc, NotePad.prc and NotePad_enUS.prc.

Bob
    Thanks Bobbd, you solved my problem. Got all 4 files extracted n copied back using explorer. Its working fine. Also got all my old notes bt over as well.
    I have a Tungsten C and recently bought a Treo 680.
    I copied the following files from my Tungsten C to my Treo 680:

Note Pad
    Note Pad_enUS
    Note Pad_npad_a
    npadDB
    CompressionPng
    CompressionZlib

Notepad works on my Treo 680, but I cannot move between notes with the 5-way Navigation Button. It it frustrating trying to move between notes using the stylus pressing on the arrows on the screen.

Any suggestions?
    Sorry, I don't have a clue. 5-way nav work for me. Maybe Note Pad_npad_a and npadDB are causing your problem. I only installed the other four files.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Thanks. I will try to just re-install those files and see what happens.
    Has anyone tried Pennovate Notes (http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...id=prod1731085) on the 680? It looks pretty cool, but I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    Sorry, I don't have a clue. 5-way nav work for me. Maybe Note Pad_npad_a and npadDB are causing your problem. I only installed the other four files.

As far as Notepad goes, I copied the Files over again after deleting them. I still cannot use the navigator button to move around in Notepad.
    I have Version 2.0.1
    If you have a different version, can you post it on this page and I will download it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bob5280 View Post
    As far as Notepad goes, I copied the Files over again after deleting them. I still cannot use the navigator button to move around in Notepad.
    I have Version 2.0.1
    If you have a different version, can you post it on this page and I will download it.

Thanks
    I got my Notepad files from this link (posted a while back by Jessi): http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=10.

As I recall, I was unable to use QuickInstall to install the .oprc and .bprc files; I had to use Card Reader to save them to my card, then I used Resco Explorer (or you could use FileZ) to move them to my handheld. The Notepad version I have is 2.3 and I have no problem using 5-way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I got my Notepad files from this link (posted a while back by Jessi): http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=10.

As I recall, I was unable to use QuickInstall to install the .oprc and .bprc files; I had to use Card Reader to save them to my card, then I used Resco Explorer (or you could use FileZ) to move them to my handheld. The Notepad version I have is 2.3 and I have no problem using 5-way.
    I just renamed the .oprc & .bprc files to .prc and then used QuickInstall to put them on my 680.

I only used the 2 Notepad files, as I don't need to beam the note.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I just renamed the .oprc & .bprc files to .prc and then used QuickInstall to put them on my 680.
    Renaming the files to .prc was the first thing I tried, but for whatever reason, I got an error message each time I tried to rename. Failing that, I installed as I described above, and everything works perfectly.
    Last edited by ChristieC; 05/04/2007 at 09:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Has anyone tried Pennovate Notes (http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...id=prod1731085) on the 680? It looks pretty cool, but I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried it.
    I have it, & use it quite often. Great for quickly jotting down reminders, then you can quickly set up an alarm on any note, to remind you later, it will bring up the note on your screen when the alarm goes off.

I tried the free trial version, and quickly deided to keep it, & register.
    You an try it out for free, give it a try, & see what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    My 5way will move between the buttons, but does not move the screen up and down.

Is this what you are getting, or can you drag the screen up and down with the 5way
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast