Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm with Ronald. Mine came pre-loaded with MR, and doesn't yet seem to have the problems that others have had. Posman, am I headed in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
    O.K., I'll bite

ROM Build ver: 44
    Mon 04/16/2007 12:00 PM
    Colombo-1.1-ROM
    Sprint-enUS-Release
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Actually, this is what it reads NOW, after the MR update.
    Motorola StarTAC and Palm Vx => Treo 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700p => Treo 727.5 (thanks to kocoman)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Interesting....if I'm doing it correctly (the OP says to tap "about applications"....that doesn't appear on my menu. "About" does). When I tap that while holding the down button, I get the same message as above....no build numbers. Would love to know if this can provide some rationale for why there was so much variation in the hardware....for instance, my 700P has been very stable, never required an update, BT has always worked....
    Go to the Palm Launcher (default action for Home key). Hit the Menu key and the open the Options menu. While holding the 5-way in the down direction, tap with the stylus the "About Applications" menu item. You should see the screen with the info requested.
    Here's mine:
    Verizon replacement phone (refurb) last month w/data error 3000 of course

ROM Build ver: 41
    Tue 04/24/2007 09:16 AM
    Grover-1.1-Rom
    Verizon-EnSP-Release
    Aha. I was trying it from Launcher X. Mine is the same as all the older Sprint treos:
    ROM Build ver: 1108
    Mon 05/01/2006 13:13:39.12
    Colombo1.0-ROM
    Sprint-enUS-Release

Only Ronald and thetwins have a different screen, and I think both of them had preinstalled MR upgrades. I had hoped there might be differences in the older ones so we could see if there were ROM differences that could explain the variability in devices, but at this point I think the differences are in hardware, not software....
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Only Ronald and thetwins have a different screen, and I think both of them had preinstalled MR upgrades. I had hoped there might be differences in the older ones so we could see if there were ROM differences that could explain the variability in devices, but at this point I think the differences are in hardware, not software....
    Let me clarify. I purchased the 700p in December 2006 and subsequently performed the MR upgrade using the SD-Card method.

I have a lot of the problems noted in other threads - hearing tones when the ringer is set to silent; constant requests to re-provision the phone; the phone radio turning off and then immediately turning on (the only benefit to hearing tones with the ringer set to silent is that I now know this is happening); corruption of Outlook data, etc.
    Motorola StarTAC and Palm Vx => Treo 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700p => Treo 727.5 (thanks to kocoman)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
    O.K., I'll bite

ROM Build ver: 44
    Mon 04/16/2007 12:00 PM
    Colombo-1.1-ROM
    Sprint-enUS-Release
    Same here.. won't be long till I get to run over this piece of crap!

8820 here I come!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123