Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Everyone keeps posting the information Posman asks for and people keep asking him to explain why he want it. Posman must be a politician because all we get is http://forumprog.free.fr/GS_9bcbb9f4...0e9e3946dc.png
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Knowing Palm...

They are probably working on a release that only changes the information we've been providing here in this thread...but doesn't actually FIX anything...

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    Knowing Palm...

They are probably working on a release that only changes the information we've been providing here in this thread...but doesn't actually FIX anything...

SMEGGIE
    So true....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Colombo here. I'm dying of curiosity, what does it all mean!
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinTek View Post
    Welllll, actually... the numbers on the side of your tires will help you get better mileage. Correct tire inflation is important and does impact gas mileage. That's on the side of the tire. Tire size also impacts mileage so the correct "Pxxx/Rxx" number for your car is important too.
    I do believe that you are supposed to look at the sticker on your vehicle or the manual and that will tell you what pressure your tires should be...the vehicle dictates the tire pressure....( i believe i read that somewhere )
    "I do believe that you are supposed to look at the sticker on your vehicle or the manual and that will tell you what pressure your tires should be...the vehicle dictates the tire pressure....( i believe i read that somewhere )"

A certain size tire will fit multiple vehicles. But these different vehicles weigh different amounts (which the tire has to carry). If you pressure the right sized tire to what is stated on the label or in the manual, you'll optimize tire life, handling, etc.
    Oh. Please continue with the original subject of this thread . . .
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    About tire pressures.... anybody remember a company named Ford and their posting of tire pressures on the door jam?

For pickups with LT rated tires (Light Truck vs P, passenger) your suppose to go to the manufacture (website, dealer,....) and get the pressure table for that tire model. Then depending on your load (truck load, trailer weight,....) you can calculate how much weight will be on the tires and set pressure accordingly.

For my truck I have E rated tires with an 85psi max. If I'm getting loads of gravel/firewood I will put them up to 85psi because I tend to load the truck down. Otherwise I keep them at 65psi to try and squeeze as much MPG as possible.

I don't know if this same info is readily available for passenger car tires, but that would be the proper way to go.

BTW what does my response have to do with the original post, and why did Posman ask his question?

JM
    I guess maybe the tire pressure issue should go its separate way (like way, way, way off topic - I think there's a forum for that). That said (and since we're still here), I'm pretty sure you'll always get better mileage (at certain other expenses) with higher tIre pressures (the higher the pressure the less rolling resistance).

Kind of like GC
    Well it's kind of hard to hijack a thread that was a dead end in the first place. :-)
    ROM Build ver: 32
    Tue 12/05/2006 03:29 PM
    Crowbar-1.0-Rom
    Crowdy-EnSP-Release
    In Blazer, when I press "menu", then "options", then "about", it says:

Palm v 4.5
    2002-2006 Palm, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved

What do yours say? Which of my rights have they taken from me? WHAT DOES IT MEAN??

Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post

Palm v 4.5
    2002-2006 Palm, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved

What do yours say? Which of my rights have they taken from me? WHAT DOES IT MEAN??

Mine says:

Palm v0.76b
    1996-2001 Palm, Inc.
    You are Palm's *****.

At least, that's how it FEELS.
    I guess the "Posman" only POSTS twice...

Anyway,

ROM Build ver: 1108
    Mon 05/01/2006 13:13:39.12
    Colombo1.0-ROM
    Sprint-enUS-Release

We're about a week away from Palm's "by the end of Q1 2007" firmware release deadline. Maybe "Posman" works for Palm and has just been assigned the task of beginning initial work on the firmware release? That would be about right - then we'll beta test THAT release for them another year...
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by adamtmiller View Post
    ROM Build ver: 32
    Tue 12/05/2006 03:29 PM
    Crowbar-1.0-Rom
    Crowdy-EnSP-Release
    Thanks!!! BTW Who is your carrier?
    Quote Originally Posted by posman View Post
    Thanks!!! BTW Who is your carrier?
    Why don't you tell us why you asked for this information?
    Interesting menu/easter eggs.. wonder how posman know about it.

I will post Telus/Sprint MR later

Verizon MR:

ROM Build ver: 41
    Tue 04/24/2007 09:16 AM
    Grover-1.1-Rom
    Verizon-EnSP-Release
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post

Palm v 4.5
    2002-2006 Palm, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved

Interesting....if I'm doing it correctly (the OP says to tap "about applications"....that doesn't appear on my menu. "About" does). When I tap that while holding the down button, I get the same message as above....no build numbers. Would love to know if this can provide some rationale for why there was so much variation in the hardware....for instance, my 700P has been very stable, never required an update, BT has always worked....
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM Build ver: 41
    Tue 04/24/2007 09:16 AM
    Grover-1.1-ROM
    Verizon-ENSP-Release
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    O.K., I'll bite

ROM Build ver: 44
    Mon 04/16/2007 12:00 PM
    Colombo-1.1-ROM
    Sprint-enUS-Release
    Motorola StarTAC and Palm Vx => Treo 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700p => Treo 727.5 (thanks to kocoman)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast