Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Testing right now.
    Could not find the changes from v 1.10 beta...
    Just downloaded it myself and am about to check it out! Although the beta version worked pretty dang good for me even when making calls
    What exactly does this app do?
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    It gives you the ability to stream music via bluetooth headphones. You can check out softick.com to read up on it. And I've been toying around with the new 1.11 version and some of the features on my Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 stopped working, the abilty to skip, go back to a previous track, and pause/play tracks through the controls on the headphones stopped working . Needless to say I uninstalled the new 1.11 and installed the 1.10 beta back.
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post

Does what was thought to be impossible on Treo. Provides the facility to use Bluetooth stereo headphones. (Bluetooth A2DP profile).

http://www.softick.com/
    Sweet. i hope it can handle music/call switching better.
    I had the same problem with the controls on my dsh970 stopped working. this is not permanent though. I think just resetting the treo will fix it. or turning the headset off & resettting the treo or some combination of the above.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I had the same problem with the controls on my dsh970 stopped working. this is not permanent though. I think just resetting the treo will fix it. or turning the headset off & resettting the treo or some combination of the above.
    Yeah I thought the same thing so I tried a soft reset and no dice. The controls still did nothing. Once I removed the 1.11 and installed the 1.10 beta back the controls via my headphones worked just fine. Go figure the beta version working better than the new non beta version. I love my treo world it's c r a z y .
    Just installed and tested it with my BT headphones and it works fine. However, don't have a BT headset yet - can anyone tell us if it works with a A2DP headset for phone use?
    I expect the app to stop music when a call comes in, then switch back to the music when the call is over. I haven't tested this version yet.
    Will this work for normal BT headsets (mono, not stereo)? I may just want to say listen to a podcast or something
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I have been testing 1.10 for about a week and I just loaded 1.11 tonight. Here are my thoughts. This software will sream audio in stereo to your bluetooth headset and for that alone it is a great addition to the treo. The pause forward and reverse work fine for me on both versions. With 1.10 it did not work properly with making and receiving calls. I would switch to internal speaker and then make my call. After the call I would have to manually switch it back. Incomming calls came into the headset sometimes but always had problems after the call. 1.11 so far seems to be working better but still is not acting the way it should. It will pause music when you go to dial out and it did switch the headset to the call. The problem I am having is after you hang up. It does not start the music up again and it has locked my phone up a few times trying to get it going again. Same result with incomming call. Music stops, answers call, but when the call ends the software is having trouble re connecting to the headset for music again. If I then try to switch to internal speaker it locks up the phone. Great software for listening to music but I do need to be able to take my calls when they come in and I do not want to have to sit and reset after each call before I can have music again. I have 7 more days on my trial so I am hoping to get this working better before purchasing. I will play with it more tomorrow.
    the range is far better than I get with a regular BT headset. I was at least 8m away in a crowded gym without any interruptions to the music.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Will this work for normal BT headsets (mono, not stereo)? I may just want to say listen to a podcast or something
    There is a 21 day free trial.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    No, it won't. Your only option is to but the Jabra 8010 - an A2DP BT stereo unit which you can pug the second ear piece to for stereo. It will still receive music through the one (main) earpiece unit though.
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650
    Ok, I've been trying this software for the past day with a new pair of A2DP headphones I purchased, the Sony HBH-DS970:

http://blog.treonauts.com/2007/03/treo_a2dp_stere.html

http://blog.treonauts.com/TreoA2DPHBH_2DDS970_01.jpg

In summary, these are fantastic headphones, but they don't work with the 680 properly. In comparison, they work perfectly with my Treo 750v.

Check out the above review for a description of the headphones. I was initially skeptical of the in-ear earbuds, as I recently purchased the SEIDIO retractable stereo headset which also has in-ear earbuds, and the latter are uncomfortable (the rubber is too firm) and keep falling out. Sony uses a really nice quality of rubber for the earbuds that allow them to stay in place very comfortably and seal out external noise effectively.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, they don't work properly with the 680. One can listen to music, and control music, pretty well (I am using Pocket Tunes Deluxe). However, making and receiving phone calls is erratic and unstable - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Every so often, after phone call troubles, the Gateway software suddenly loses the connection to the headphones, and an error message appears, saying it can't connect to the headphones.

I am assuming that the above are problems with the Gateway software rather than the headphones (since they work well with my 750v). Given that no one else seems to have a similar product on the market, I am hoping that Softick are able to address the above problems soon. Kudos to them for at least trying to address something that Palm should have provided.

T
    Last edited by Tenosce; 03/18/2007 at 05:26 AM.
    MIght be a problem with the Treo680's Bluetooth rather than the DS970! Right now I have a Step 1150 and sometimes there are connection issues
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    That Treonauts reviewer doesn't know jack when he says that these Sony's only offer " some " functionality of A2DP when using Softick Audio Gateway with the 650 and 700 Treo's. He needs to do a better job reviewing products.

The crew at Softick are addressing the compatability issues with the 680 and I'm sure it will take a bit of time like it did the 650 and 700p series. Now not all headsets are perfect but in this instance with this particular headset, it works perfectly with the 650 and just about so with the 700p ( search people, for those that are interested ) with this headset.

So like I said, give it time and the 680 should be working with SAG as well, and working with these Sony's as well, which by the way have been selling in the USA since July 2006. I guess Treonauts is first yet again with their exclusives or whatever they always claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenosce View Post
    Ok, I've been trying this software for the past day with a new pair of A2DP headphones I purchased, the Sony HBH-DS970:

http://blog.treonauts.com/2007/03/treo_a2dp_stere.html

http://blog.treonauts.com/TreoA2DPHBH_2DDS970_01.jpg

In summary, these are fantastic headphones, but they don't work with the 680 properly. In comparison, they work perfectly with my Treo 750v.

Check out the above review for a description of the headphones. I was initially skeptical of the in-ear earbuds, as I recently purchased the SEIDIO retractable stereo headset which also has in-ear earbuds, and the latter are uncomfortable (the rubber is too firm) and keep falling out. Sony uses a really nice quality of rubber for the earbuds that allow them to stay in place very comfortably and seal out external noise effectively.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, they don't work properly with the 680. One can listen to music, and control music, pretty well (I am using Pocket Tunes Deluxe). However, making and receiving phone calls is erratic and unstable - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Every so often, after phone call troubles, the Gateway software suddenly loses the connection to the headphones, and an error message appears, saying it can't connect to the headphones.

I am assuming that the above are problems with the Gateway software rather than the headphones (since they work well with my 750v). Given that no one else seems to have a similar product on the market, I am hoping that Softick are able to address the above problems soon. Kudos to them for at least trying to address something that Palm should have provided.

T
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Tenosce... I do not think the problem is with the brand of headsets but with the function of the bluetooth in the 680 with the sag software. I am having similar problems with my cellink headset ($30.00 delivered on ebay..great deal for a bluetooth stereo headset). I can use sag for music and I can take calls with the sag turned off but calls while sag is running, seems to still have bugs. This version is a little better than the last so I think they will get a more stable version. I am waiting for this before I buy a set of sony headsets since I like the in the ear feature much better.
    my treo 680 resets whenever I open SAG 1.10 or 1.11.
    Any ideas what I might be doing wrong and how can I correct it?
    thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast