Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Same question here. Is this working yet? Would like to buy a jawbone if I can listen to Ptunes with it.

Thanks

SPG
    I still get drop dead performance but the switching back and forth is a constant problem--the most serious, though, works fine--that, is, I never miss a call because I can always switch from PTunes to phone. It's getting back that is worse than iffy.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    It's not designed to work with the jawbone.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    "It's not designed to work with the jawbone."

So how do I know which head sets work?
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    SAG is designed to work with stereo bluetooth headsets, which the Jawbone is not. Most stereo bluetooth headsets will work. Searching can also be useful.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=bt+stereo
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Thank you
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    SAG is designed to work with stereo bluetooth headsets, which the Jawbone is not. Most stereo bluetooth headsets will work. Searching can also be useful.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=bt+stereo

That's getting the point!
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by SPG View Post
    [SIZE="3"] ...

So how do I know which head sets work?
    Actually, if you go to the SAG website they have a list of confirmed headsets and, I believe, probable ones. I'll bet it would be hard to find one that doesn't work. I just was looking for a receiver to connect to my stereo. There were all sorts from 15 dollars to 100 dollars so I got the 15 dollar one and it works like a gem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Actually, if you go to the SAG website they have a list of confirmed headsets and, I believe, probable ones. I'll bet it would be hard to find one that doesn't work. I just was looking for a receiver to connect to my stereo. There were all sorts from 15 dollars to 100 dollars so I got the 15 dollar one and it works like a gem.
    Which receiver did you get?

I'm finally getting ready to order the headphones I've been looking at (HBH-DS970) and giving SAG a shot. I have starting looking at receivers and saw a cheap Jensen one that reminded me of your post.
    Get the Jensen. It is beautiful to look at (sleek, black, recessed controls) and works right out of the box. Passkey is 0000.
    And, by the way, your settings may have to be different for the receiver and the headset. I have my headset to less than the highest bit frequency, and set for speed rather than quality; for the receiver, it had trouble with anything but the highest quality and bit speed, but of course that makes no difference with a receiver, and you want the best sound you can get. You can play around with it but I found the settings for the receiver different (and also the settings I chose shut out the headset remote controls, which again you don't need with the receiver anyway, but you probably want them back with the headset). It's a simple matter of changing them for the two situations.
    Anyone know how well this works with Motorola's Blutooth stereo Headset.
    I had the original Motorola Bluetooth Headset (Princess Leia style) and wasn't impressed. I sold them and bought the Plantronics Pulsar 590A. This combo rocks...literally! Highly recommeded.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I have the 590A also and love it but I cannot get it to function well between audio and phone calls. Can you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoEntertainer View Post
    Anyone know how well this works with Motorola's Blutooth stereo Headset.
    Do you mean the S9? It works fine, but after three months the AVRCP (music control) functions stopped working and I have returned the set for replacement under warranty. I have been otherwise very happy with it, although you should know that the mic function is nice in an emergency, but otherwise useless. It's nice that they built it totally into the headset, but that really impacts quality.

I have also found that the S9 also does not return to music automatically after a call has been answered, but I have never seen that work correctly with any of the four or so bluetooth headssets I have used.

I still like the ergonomics of this model way over any other I have used, so I am willing to put up with the rest.
    In case someone hasn't noticed...

Softick Audio Gateway 1.13 is released. VersaMail AutoSync compatibility issue is resolved. Motorola S9 headset is supported. mOcean player is supported.

* Improved call handling on Palm Treo 755P
    * Remote Control for mOcean player from MotionApps
    * Fixed compatibility problem with VersaMail AutoSync feature. Fatal Exception "BGNetTaskImpl.c line:xxx BGTask q is full" is resolved.
    * AVRCP profile is improved. Softick Audio Gateway now tries to establish AVRCP connection if AVRCP controller hasn't established it by some reason.
    * Motorola S9 headphones support added
    * Revised headphones connection procedure, added workarounds for several unexpected faults and crashes
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I have the 590A also and love it but I cannot get it to function well between audio and phone calls. Can you?
    Make sure you download the latest version (1.13) and follow the installation instructions for Softick...they are important and have to be followed in order.

http://www.softick-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=846
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    SAG 1.13 is certainly an improvement. For one thing, it rarely causes crashes when returning to music after a phone call with S9. It still sucks between switches. I have found that if I hang up the call first, it returns to music many of the times in 20 sec to 1.5 min (could be quite a long wait!). If the other party hangs up first, S9 disconnects from the phone or turns off most of the times. The good thing is that the phone does not crash and returns to music and you can reconnect. If I make an outgoing call, sometimes it works fine but sometimes it turns off bluetooth. Well, it still has a long way to go.
    Well, 1.14 and 1.13 (I think they are essentially identical with respect to the 680), seem a marked improvement--not quite perfect ,but damned close. Today, for just about the first time (using the Plantronics 590a), I effortlessly received a call while listening to PTunes. Using the remote, one push and I was talking on the phone. At the end of the call, one push and the call disconnected. Then nothing...for about 10 seconds, during which the BT icon turned solid blue, then whatever, then its working sort of shadow form. But no music. I had to go into PTunes and turn it on again--but all was functional, so that is an improvement, as there was no hangup.

On the other hand, when I turned it back on, at first it was clearly sampling at some bizarre rate, as the sound was about 1/10th normal speed, but by advancing a track and returning to the track, it regained normal functionality.

So...not perfect...but I'm not sure whether this is a PTunes problem or a SAG problem. Nice, though, to be able to go from music to phone to music ALMOST seamlessly.
    Hurrah! Just tested the latest version (1.15), it now works seamlessly between audio and phone calls almost all the times. Softick states it has improved support for Treo 680 and 755. It indeed does!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast