Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sprint Treo 700p, Detroit Michigan area. No "locate me" option. (And my GPS-ish thing is on, not just 911).

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    I live in chicago..and no locate me option either....hmm
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    nothing happens when I dial ##4771#, what is supposed to happen?
    Don't know exactly. The code spells GPS1, and on most Sprint phones I think it will show you something GPS related, but it hasn't ever worked on the Treos as far as I know. I was hoping yours would be the first.
    You know... This works on my Sanyo Katana phone...

I have gotten it to work from my Treo 700p as well. I couldn't get it to work by directly typing in wap.go2.com. I couldn't even get it to work by bookmarking the site on the Treo 700p. I think somehow the Go2 web-site sees the Palm browser and assumes the Treo 700p doesn't have location capability...

The way I got it to work on my Treo 700p in the past..was to go to the Sprint Vision web page on my Treo 700p. Then go to Entertainment->Movies&TV->go2 movies->Search by theatre... there was a locate option...

You may have to clear cache or something?

I can't seem to get it working anymore..but it was about a month ago.. I swear!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I can confirm that gt5l is *not* crazy... when you go through the Sprint Vision Portal as mogulman suggested, (http://vision.sprintpcs.com), select "Portals" and then select "Go2". Then anything you look for, movies, dining, etc, contains the "locate me" link. In addition, you can set your locate me prefs as well. This, I can get to work just fine. Unfortunately, I get a very ugly error every time I click on "locate me". I am NOT on a EVDO network (yet) and I wonder if this is an issue? What are others seeing?
    hmm..i tried to access go2 via the sprint portal...however it still does not show me the "locate me" link...i wonder what im doing wrong
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    OK, before I found the "portal" option, I accessed it by first going to vision.sprintpcs.com, then selecting "6. Entertainment", then "2. Movies & TV", then "11. go2 Movies". Perhaps you need to access that way first then you have access from any portal...? Worth a try I guess. I'm using a Sprint Treo 700p...
    Quote Originally Posted by smrs View Post
    OK, before I found the "portal" option, I accessed it by first going to vision.sprintpcs.com, then selecting "6. Entertainment", then "2. Movies & TV", then "11. go2 Movies". Perhaps you need to access that way first then you have access from any portal...? Worth a try I guess. I'm using a Sprint Treo 700p...
    I did it that same way...still no luck
    Yeah.. I still can't get it to work anymore. Although it works on my Sanyo Katana
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Yep, still no "Locate Me" even when going thru the motions as listed above.
    If we can stretch this out another week, it'll make a nice April Fool's joke...

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe View Post
    If we can stretch this out another week, it'll make a nice April Fool's joke...

Gary
    I don't know how to prove it to you, I shared with you screenshots, would you like me to send you my Treo so you can see for yourself? I share this with you guys and I get no love The truth is that it works for me.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I don't know how to prove it to you, I shared with you screenshots, would you like me to send you my Treo so you can see for yourself? I share this with you guys and I get no love The truth is that it works for me.
    no...it's not that at all....i dont know about the rest...but i believe you....i'm just baffled as to why it doesnt work for me! i think it'd be a great feature...it could be like that sprint pcs to pcs trick which only works in certain areas
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    gt51... You are on the planet Earth right? Or is this only another Galaxy feature?
    If I could know then, what I know now.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    gt51... You are on the planet Earth right? Or is this only another Galaxy feature?
    I am from Mars "men are from mars ..."
    Treoing & Loving it
    Yeah, i live in the chicagoland area and i don't have that option either--wish i did though.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    It seems to be based on your location. I travel a lot and some areas have that option on the go2 page and some areas do not. It would be nice if they all did because it really makes finding movie theaters a lot easier.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I am from Mars "men are from mars ..."
    Yeah, I've been to PA...it IS kinda like Mars...the people anyway...

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Hi Guys,

I've got a 650 so I'm obviously not on EVDO and I just got Go2's locate me to work fine. I just accessed the Go2 page through the vision portal on Blazer and clicked on the "Locate Me Prefs" option near the bottom. It then asks: "Do you wish to always allow go2(r) to obtain your location?" with an option for "Yes" and another option for "No". I chose yes, and it said, "Your Locate Me preferences have been saved." I then went back to the go2 Main screen, clicked on "Movies", clicked on "By Theater" and then selected "Locate Me Now". Sure enough, it gave me a search option Near: Capitan Ave, in San Diego which is where I'm at right now traveling. It works, and I'm pretty impressed. I hope you all can get it working as well.
  20.    #40  
    yeah I am not on EvDO either, it is not available in my area, I have a power vision plan but there is no EvDO signal in my area. Tomorrow I will be in a town which has EvDO and I will try go2 and report to you guys.
    Treoing & Loving it
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast