1.    #1  
    just downloaded the Palm Desktop software from Palm.com

I already have it on my PC but wanted it on my new laptop.
    (don't have the old cd, lost it)

one thing is that the new one DOESN'T have the MEDIA icon on it.
    and thats what I need it for.
    anybody know the answer why ?

thanks
    Its only available on the CD I think there are links on this forum to download the "CD"
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Its only available on the CD I think there are links on this forum to download the "CD"
    Thanks SXTG.

what would it be under ?
    is there a link to that page ?

thanks

ps. Nice Avatar.
    I got a new computer and downloaded the Palm Desktop to the computer using the disk I received when I bought the Treo. When I downloaded the disk to my old computer and my laptop, the media icon was there on both computers and I could view pictures when I synced. Now, when I download the desktop to my new computer (using the same disk), there is no media and I don't show photos that were synced. Anyone know what's up?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by grindy1 View Post
    I got a new computer and downloaded the Palm Desktop to the computer using the disk I received when I bought the Treo. When I downloaded the disk to my old computer and my laptop, the media icon was there on both computers and I could view pictures when I synced. Now, when I download the desktop to my new computer (using the same disk), there is no media and I don't show photos that were synced. Anyone know what's up?
    so this isn't just me, something so small can be such a pain in the a**

I downloaded a few of them now and all the same thing...no media.
    so in the case of having the original CD that is useless too. hmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by ceramictec View Post
    so this isn't just me, something so small can be such a pain in the a**

I downloaded a few of them now and all the same thing...no media.
    so in the case of having the original CD that is useless too. hmmmm
    Weird...

I can't believe the same CD downloaded fine to my old computer and laptop but not my new computer. I also notice there is no media folder in my backup folder on my new computer but there is a media folder in my backup folder on my laptop and old computer.

Anyone have any idea what's up?
    Thanks SXTG.

what would it be under ?

thanks

ps. Nice Avatar.
    This is the thread sxtg was referring to. Check the last few pages, I think the CDs were reposted there along with others saying the media conduit was included in the download.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107348
    Thanks SXTG.

what would it be under ?

thanks

ps. Nice Avatar.
    Just do a search for "650 CD"

I tried to post a link, but it didn't work. Not sure why, but when I cut and paste a URL the link sends ya off to nowhere.

p.s. Mrs. sxtg says thanks.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Just do a search for "650 CD"

I tried to post a link, but it didn't work. Not sure why, but when I cut and paste a URL the link sends ya off to nowhere.

p.s. Mrs. sxtg says thanks.

thanks........ SXTG & Christinac130

10.    #10  
    I just stumbled across this from the Palm site and thought I'd pass it on.....
    "The web download of Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager does not include the Media conduit." So, if you lose your CD, you will have to copy your media by another means than hotsync.