1.    #1  
    Hey guys and gals.
    Im Michael. Brand new to the forum. Just activated my 700p yesterday.
    Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm sure... I mean.... I know I'll be doing lots of posting here.

Anyways... I'm trying to log into my yahoo mail account from my 700p, but can;t find an _ (undescore) symbol. My email is michael_piza@yahoo.com. Don't tell me I can't check my email from here?

PS: I used to have a 650. Thought it was the coolest thing ever. But everyone said, it sounded like I was calling/talking from inside a toilet.
    Hi Mike!

Press the blue button then alt when typing to find other characters. . .

How did you upgrade from the 650? Did you just hotsync to your 650's userid? If so, you may want to start over with these clean install instructions:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129710

Cheers, Perry
  3.    #3  
    I didnt upgrade from 650.
    I returned my 650 after a couple days for a flip phone. This was last yr.

I'm brand new to this treo thing. No clue how to use it....yet.

What do you mean "blue" button. I dont see a "blue button"
    Quote Originally Posted by MNguns View Post
    I didnt upgrade from 650.
    I returned my 650 after a couple days for a flip phone. This was last yr.

I'm brand new to this treo thing. No clue how to use it....yet.

What do you mean "blue" button. I don't see a "blue button"
    Blue Button = 3rd row from top, farthest left. (right under the A) (Also called the "option" key.)
  5.    #5  
    awsome. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MNguns View Post
    awsome. thanks
    My 650 call recipients never mentioned the "tin box" thing -- but if yours say it again on the 700P -- it may be because you have the volume turned up. If turning down the volume does not work or causes you not to hear -- try VolumeCare. (I believe there is a free trial period.)

www.gotreosoftware.com

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Mike, unless you REALLY love spam, I'd recommend you edit your post and remove your e-mail address. Spammers scour the internet looking for addresses, your WILL be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Blue Button = 3rd row from top, farthest left. (right under the A) (Also called the "option" key.)

Perry,
    Is yours really Blue or are you calling it the Blue Button? Mine is black.
    We both have Sprint Treo 700p's.
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    Mike, unless you REALLY love spam, I'd recommend you edit your post and remove your e-mail address. Spammers scour the internet looking for addresses, your WILL be found.
    Hey Haroldo!

Not sure if Mike will be back this way -- so I PM'd him your post. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Perry,
    Is yours really Blue or are you calling it the Blue Button? Mine is black.
    We both have Sprint Treo 700p's.
    TIA
    Dark Grey/Blue? Slightly darker than the case . . . same color as the number keys. . . .
    Grey/Blue? Slightly darker than the case . . . same color as the number keys. . . .
    OK Bro
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hey Haroldo!

Not sure if Mike will be back this way -- so I PM'd him your post. . . .
    I'm an admin at another forum. We routinely edit visible addresses (change @ to AT, etc.) to protect poster's identity. Not sure if admins here do that, but if they don't, it's not a bad idea to start doing that. Not everyone is web savvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    I'm an admin at another forum. We routinely edit visible addresses (change @ to AT, etc.) to protect poster's identity. Not sure if admins here do that, but if they don't, it's not a bad idea to start doing that. Not everyone is web savvy.
    I fixed it Haroldo, I used some white out tape over the address.
    I fixed it Haroldo, I used some white out tape over the address.
    I tried that too but the white out isn't following the email address when I scroll... What am I doing wrong??
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I am not sure what that dude is talking about. To get underscore _ use the alt button. _ _ _ I am on my treo typing this.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    I am not sure what that dude is talking about. To get underscore _ use the alt button. _ _ _ I am on my treo typing this.
    Interesting.

If you have typed no letter yet, pressing alt does bring up the full character options box. . . .

Now type an e and press alt. . . . .you get a drop down box of different e's only

Type ed then alt and you get no drop down box. . . .

It appears the software response is key and context sensitive . . . .

Also, when in a typing area -- pressing menu, edit, Keyboard Help will give you all the alternatives . . .
    Perry, the way the Treo handles the alt characters always drives me crazy so I understood the original poster's reason for asking. The example you used (alt after 'ed') is typical. I get around that by putting a space after the point where I want the alternate character. Then I backspace it into place.

If anyone knows how to work around this, I also would like to know the answer.
    Perry / Martin
    Instead of using the space, then alt, then moving back and then backspace..... try...
    typing a period, then alt, select your character and enter and it will replace the period.
    Also, if you want to type <5 or [the, do the following... space, alt, alt or 5 way to <, then option 5.
    or in the second example after selecting the [, press the t and both the bracket and the t will type.
    curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    DUH - figured it out. Stupid me! (I was thinking of the "option" button as "alt" and thus pressing the wrong darn key!). Found it now. Thanks!
    CurtArmy, Thanks. That little trick with the period already saved me a bit of stumbling around on the keys this weekend. http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/c/clap.gif