Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I have a Treo 650 on VZW. I've had it since 7/05. I bought ChatterEmail the following October. To try and find a balance between decent battery life and recieving important email messages right away, I have my IMAP server send me an SMS trigger message when a message arrives that meets certain parameters. If an SMS meesage arrives, Chatter sees that as a trigger to QSync my mailboxes. Otherwise, all mailboxes are OFFLINE and QSync every 60 minutes. I've had it config'd this way since 12/05. Up until a few weeks ago, I would ALWAYS be able to take it off the charger in the morning (around 7am) and not have to worry about charging it again until it was time to go to bed (around 11-12pm--sometimes it wouild still be around 20%.

Over the past few weeks, I've noticed that it would drain rather quickly. Just as an example, this morning as I was going to lunch, I looked at the battery and it was well above half full (70% maybe). I placed one 10 minute phone call and when I was done with the call, the alarm started going off telling me the battery was low. I looked at the battery icon and it was in the red zone.

Sometimes when it tells me that the battery is too low, I put it on the charger and within 15 minutes, the battery shows as full.

Any ideas what's going on? My usage hasn't changed any.

Thanks!
    Don

Handspring Visor => Handspring Visor Deluxe => Sony Clie T615c => Treo 650 on Verizon => Treo 700p on Verizon
    Your battery meter probably needs to be reset. Run the battery down overnight (streaming in ptunes is good at this) until the phone shuts itself off. Then give it an uninterrupted full charge.
    You use the phone a lot? Every day the battery is ran all the way down?

LiIon's have an expected life of 2 years, less if heavily used. Do the math. Get a new battery.